“Beware of gritty and rubbery scallops...........................”

Sky Club Supper Club
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Plover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Beware of gritty and rubbery scallops...........................”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have been at the Sky Club many times in the past, including our 1st anniversary. For our 39th anniversary we decided to go back to the Sky Club after seeing it in a supper club book we purchased. BIG MIstake! The atmosphere lost it's charm with the remodel, the "world famous" salad bar was mediocre at best, and my scallops were gritty and very rubbery to the point of inedible.......This was to be a special dinner but was a huge disappointment.

• Visited May 2014

Wausau, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Back in the day.....”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I chose The Sky Club for my party of 9 who were meeting for my mother's 88th birthday. We rarely have a chance to meet and wanted a central location for us all. Back in the day, The Sky Club was THE place to go. Walking in the staff were warm and inviting. The bartenders were charming and fun. We went back to our table to find orange bucket chairs from the 70's that were cracked, dirty and had to be wiped down before we sat. The salad bar, once one of the best, had shrunk in size and selection. I had 2 in my party with gluten allergies. I was assured that they could cater to them. As we soon found out, they had a very limited choice. I had the sirloin steak and JUMBO shrimp. We waited over 1 hr for our food. My steak was room temp, served a piece of bread (huh?), rubbery and chewy. The 2 jumbo (small) shrimp were raw and tasteless. What a terrible disappointment. Back in the day this was THE place - no more. Kudos to the waitstaff who were sweet and professional.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Joan W
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Supper Clubs Rule”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We purchased a book on Supper Clubs in Wisconsin and have decided to take road trips to the various venues listed in the book. It has been a blast and my wife and I had a terrific meal and the best service possible on a busy Saturday date night. There apparently was a high school event and it was a blast watching the kids in their dress up cloths act adult . Our server was spot on with timing from greeting to drink order to course delivery. The salad bar was excellent, however I would have liked a three bean salad. Other unique offerings quelled my disappointment. Go visit to find out what they are. Our bill was modest for a petite filet, New York cut steak and drinks. As a first time visitor we were just plain lucky to be in the main dining room. I might have been disappointed to end up on the other side of the bar. There was more glamor where we were seated. We did not have reservations and were pure lucky. Thumbs up from us.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelersAH
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Excellent fish fry”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We came for Valentines day dinner. Both had the fish fry. The salad bar is a dangerous place because of the temptation to fill up on the salads before the meal arrives. The soups we delicious. I had the clam chowder and my wife had the French onion. The pieces of fish were cooked to perfection, and the twice baked potatoes were outstanding. Service was a little slow, understandable because the place was extremely busy. After dinner, the performance by River Cities Jazz topped off a great evening.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank William W
Plover, Wisconsin
“Sunday Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We arrived at the breakfast buffet right at 9am when it started. Everything but the french toast was already cold! None of us tried the fried chicken so that may have been hot. Only 2 other tables the whole time we were there (approx 40 minutes) and the only thing they re-stocked was french toast and hashbrowns. Yet they had made large amounts of everything else but had no way to maintain the heat. VERY DISAPPOINTED for a $41 breakfast for 3. I also ordered the orange juice only for it to taste just like Sunny D (which is a juice cocktail not even real orange juice). Nothing tasted homemade! Sausages were very small and seemed to be identical to the Jimmy Dean brown and serve ones you can get on sale for less then a $1 a box at Copps. Staff was dressed in jeans and sweatshirts. I expected a nicer appearance from them considering the big remodel they did. Will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014