“Great food, bad service”
Review of The Charcoal Grill

The Charcoal Grill
Ranked #34 of 49 Restaurants in Plover
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went to diner there on Tuesday June 17th 2014 during the dinner service. We had to had about five plus minutes to get someone to bring us to our tables. Mind you there was only 6 tables with people in there with three waiters/waitresses working. The greeter came and looked like he could care less and said nothing to us. He just told us our waiters name. We waited 8 minutes to get our waiter to come to us and put our order in. Apparently this was challenging for the staff as it took fifteen minutes for my wife's water to come. What was so important for our waiter to do for my wife to get her water... he was folding napkins... I have to say the only redeeming thing of this visit is the food was top notch. We both loved our food, kudos to the chef. The service was some of the worst I have ever received.

2  Thank John T

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

During the week there are many specials. Tonight's (Thursday) was pizza and surprising it was fantastic. You can call ahead and pick up too. Drinks and menu are reasonably priced.

1  Thank t d
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Took 48 minutes to get 2 burgers at lunch time with only 4 other tables going. Couldn't bite through the bread it was so hard.

1  Thank George S
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Atmosphere was sports bar; so it was a little noisy. Our server was really friendly and helpful. My husband ordered the baby back BBQ ribs. He is quite finicky about the sauce. He was really pleased as the ribs were very meaty and the sauce was just right. Not too spicy and not too sweet. I ordered one the night's special which was a small tenderloin. The flavor was there but it was not too tender. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here when in the area.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed April 8, 2014

On the road with the family - this was a meeting place to reunite with one of our kids. Greeter and server were excellent. Food was average; burger was undercooked. Some of the staff were joking around and making noise which was distracting. Overall just an average visit; we probably will not return with many other choices in this area.

Been to The Charcoal Grill? Share your experiences!