“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Plover
Owensville, Missouri
“Great Value”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was a nice size with a comfortable chair and ottoman. There was a small frig. & microwave. The room was clean and had a nice large tub. The bedding was about average with the mattress very comfortable. I liked the fact that the drapes could be totally closed to make the room nice and dark. I slept in and headed down to breakfast. The breakfast was not that great. Were those really even eggs? Yuck! We ended up eating cooler food after checking out the breakfast. The breakfast offered nasty egg product, pale steamed sausage, waffle product with no-fat yogurt. How about some real food instead of food product? Other than the breakfast, the room was nice and a very good value for the price. I would definitely stay here again but would skip the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
e.g.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

i stayed in room with hot tub i realy enjoy i think front dest name is sam ,he take care me very well. i like very much lobby with bar.so you didnot need to drive for bar .every thing is very nice and clean all i say in one word thankyou comfort in staff thay make my tripp enjoyableit is absolutely nice motel

Room Tip: get hot tub room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in room with two double beds on a busy weekend due to a baseball tournament my son was in. The location was perfect - only a two minute drive to the Woyak Sports complex. Rooms, lobby and hallways were very clean. I would have to say my only complaint was that when we walked in to check in there wasn't a staff member in site. However, there was a sign out stating that if there was no one at the desk to dial "0" on the house phone. The phone behind the desk rang and someone came out of the back room. It gave the impression of being understaffed. Complimentary breakfast was very good. The pool area was very well maintained and they kept is stocked with towels. Overall, a good experience. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I spend a lot of time in hotels and have stayed at many of this area's hotels. By the area, I mean Stevens Point down to Plover.

This one beats all of the other area hotels when considering all factors.

It is very similar to the Hampton Inn in terms of it being new, clean, well-decorated, and quiet, and having a fridge, wall-controlled thermostat, and good breakfast. Clean is an understatement. Comfortable is an understatement. Quiet is an understatement. You will not hear other doors closing in the mornings, which I can't say for any other hotel in the area except maybe the Hampton Inn. Like the Fairfield and unlike the HI Express, it is bright and cheerful. (HI Express is dark) A king room is standard, unlike the Fairfield.

But it also has a pub with beer, wine, pizza and other bar food. And, it has pool tables, darts, video games, etc... Didn't use any of this, but noted it was there and will use them. The rooms have flat screen TV's, unlike the Hampton which are tube TV's. Also, it does have laundry facilities (did not use, but saw them), unlike the Hampton which does not. Laundry costs more than the Fairfield or HI Express.

The shower is hot, but the pressure isn't quite as strong as the Fairfield, which has the best water pressure of all area hotels. The bed was easily the most comfortable of any of the hotels I've stayed in here in this area. Temperatture control is similar to the Hampton, and above all others.

The staff is friendly and helpful. They have cookies at night (better than Fairfield's - soft), and the bar is active, but not noisy and can't be heard from the rooms. I do not drink much so I didn't go over there, but it is nice that the hotel never feels dead.

Did not use the pool or the gym. but the pool is above average - water is not quite heated enough. Wifi is faster than most, but not quite as fast as the Holiday Inn hotels, which are the fastest. The Fairfield and Hampton are the slowest in the area.

While the staff isn't as customer-oriented as the Fairfield (no hotel is), they are far from rude and are actually quite accessible, unlike what a recent review claimed.

No doors banging like the HI Express...

No strange decorating like the Comfort Suites in Stevens Point...

Better breakfast than most, except HI Express (hard to beat those cinnamon rolls).

It is the only hotel in the area with both an included breakfast and a restaurant.

Just a great stay - may be the best I've stayed at in this star rating.

Room Tip: Don't know that there are any bad ones. It appears that the building is solid so noise will not...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank buddy_and_lindsay
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The lobby is quite impressive when you walk in. Much more that we expected from the outside. But it goes straight down hill after that. It was a very busy weekend and we waited quite awhile for someone to check us in. Finally the bartender came to helps which I thought was strange but it got us to our room anyway. The room was somewhat clean- not great by any means but acceptable. We were missing towels and the couch bed looked as if it wasn't clean so we called for these items. We were told someone would be right up to help. After a very long wait we called again. We were told they were busy and we could come get stuff at the desk. Sleeping was almost impossible as the air conditioner would blast hot air then cold the nothing. In the morning we told the desk and she said she would let the manager know right away. Breakfast was a joke. It was supposed to be a nice hot buffet and all the items were empty with noone around to fill it up. We left for the day and when we returned worn out and tired our room had not been cleaned and no maintenance was done. We called for the manager to complain and was told he was helping someone else and would call us. Waited half hour and called again. Nothing. In the morning we skipped the once again busy empty breakfast and asked for the manager at the desk. He was not in. Of course not. We left our number and expressed all our concerns once again. We were told he would call us ASAP to get his all resolved. Never heard a word.
This place is very poorly run and will not get repeat business from me. So disappointed

• Stayed June 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

A few of my friends and I stayed at this hotel for one night and I must say that I was very pleased. I usually do not take time to write a review, but this hotel deserved it. Not only was the hotel very clean, but the staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel was in a great location and was easy to find. I was also impressed with the cheap rates of the rooms, this was another plus for us. It is hard to find quality at a good price anymore, but this hotel offered it. If I ever make my way through Wisconsin again, I will be sure to stay at this Comfort Inn.
I would also like to thank a staff member, who helped us with directions around the area and was also quite helpful to our group. I think his name was Sam, but I am not sure 100% on that. Keep up the good work buddy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nekoosa, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room was nice, but in the morning I asked the conceirge to acquire a cab for me and she said "we don't offer that service." Then I asked if I could use her telephone book to get one myself and she wrote two numbers on a piece of paper but told me I could not use their phone to call (my cell phone was dead). She then pulled out a box of phone chargers and said I could dig through them and charge my own cell phone.
She was rude and unhelpful at every turn. I've never seen lazier staff than this at ANY hotel I've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plover
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!