“Great value”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plover
Rockford, il
“Great value”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at this Best Western because you can snowmobile right from the hotel. The rooms are very nice everything was very clean. The pool area was nice and new. Breakfast was adequate. This is a great hotel to stay at.
I would recommend bringing bottled water though because the water tastes like pinesol. Smells like it too. Very strange.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the the beautiful snowmobile trails we have in the area! I share your concern about the water and we've had several specialists examine our system and had the water tested to make sure it was safe to drink. All tests show that the water quality is fine and no harmful ingredients were found. However that didn't solve the problem of the taste. Since then we have identified the problem and are taking steps to rectify it. Until it is perfect, we do have bottled water available and pure water in the bubbler in the fitness center. We value the comfort and safety of our guests and look forward to getting everything back to normal.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is a great value and is right on the snowmoble trails. We unloaded our sleds and within minutes were on the trails. We arrived in the morning and they let us check in by 11:00am. This made it really nice to get dressed and out on the trails without finding a place to change. Definatley will go back, maybe again this winter if the snow holds up a few more weeks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to share your experience with others.
Thankfully for this winter has provided us with a fair amount of snow and the trails have been well groomed. Hopefully we'll have a few more weeks of good sledding left and you'll be able to come back for some more fun! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Prairie Farm, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here approximately twice a month for the past two years. Staff was always friendly. Larry always greeted me with a smile! Rooms are exceptionally clean. Beds are comfortable. Hotel, as a whole,is a quiet one, even when busy. Breakfast is tasty with a nice variety. Although my territory with work has been changed, eliminating a stay in Plover.If in the area again, I will definitely stay here! I highly recommend it! Thank you to all of your staff for making my nights away from home happy and comfortable ones!

Jenny

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. It's been a real pleasure having you stay with us the last 2 years and I'm sorry to hear that your territory has changed and you may not be back in the near future. However, I hope the change is a good one for you and your family. I wish you nothing but the best and if you are ever in the area, you are always welcome here.

Wild Rose,, wi, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Room was more than expected. Everything about this facility was way above average. Pool and Hot tub were clean and in very good condition. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful and make our evening enjoyable. "Hotel breakfasts"are not expected to be very good". This one was!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
It's wonderful to know that you and the grandchildren had a good time here for New Year's. I
know they enjoyed the pool and hot tub and if I remember correctly they really liked the waffles in the morning. Spending time with family is a great way to start the New Year. Hope to see you soon and Happy New Year!

Prairie du Sac, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was so surprised to find a hotel that was as reasonably priced as this one being as nice as it was. The staff were friendly and helpful. I felt valued as a customer. The rooms were pleasant, food was good, pool was clean. There isn't anything negative I can say about my stay. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying or visiting in the area in need of a hotel. It is close to Stevens Point and had restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I'm so glad it was a good one. We take great pride in our facility and I'm very proud of our staff as well. They really care about our customers and it shows. I look forward to the next time you and your family visit us again.

lake city, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have a house in plover we where cleaning to sell. We didnt want to make a mess and bring airbeds and blankets in the house . so first words mentioned when staying at a hotel. Best western.... always is a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

General Manager... W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
i am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share it with others. We always strive to provide the best in accommodations and service you so richly deserve. I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Plover, Wi
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had two rooms in November, when I made the reservation the man I talked to was so friendly, he really sold me. The lobby is set up very strange and the decor is 1980's discoish. Very central Wisconsin. One room was never cleaned, and was empty from 9 am to 11 pm. When we mentioned it on check the desk clerk said"oh". She asked the housekeeping head person and she said "nope we didn't clean it". The two then went on with a personal conversation and ignored us!! Will NEVER stay again and we are in Plover a good number of times during the year, also will not recommend this

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank meier5
I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. The only reason I can think of for your room not getting cleaned was if you had left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door handle.
But even if that were true, I am very concerned as to how our staff handled your inquiry. I take great pride in my staff providing excellent customer service and have since talked to them about how this situation could have been handled better. Please accept my sincere apology and I would be grateful if you could give us another try next time you are in the area.

Front Desk Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plover
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
Holiday Inn Stevens Point Convention Center
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point

Been to Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!