“food OK, but......” 1 of 5 bubbles

Coconut Creek, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food OK, but......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

dirty dishes and cutlery. reused dish and the kitchen manager said that I was contaminating the food with my germs at the-counter!!!! the general manager endorsed his attitude .
I took a picture of the restroom ... disgusting ... should publish it ... ? NEVER MOORE

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lilashakti

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food with mediocre service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I enjoyed my experience at the restaurant. I wish the service could've been better.It seemed like everyone was rushing around though. The food was fresh and very tasty. The only thing was that the desserts looked very messy and played over.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsL85
Middleton, Wisconsin
“wow, cotton candy and Choc. fountain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

very good food, very clean serving area. love the pot roast, mashed potatoes. the rolls and honey butter are out of sight! love the cotton candy, Staff very good at bringing drink refills and clearing dirty plates

Visited November 2012
Wisconsin
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

For some reason my review was deleted so here it is again. We ate here a couple times and each time we were grossd out. I understand that it isn't a five star restaurant but I do not like eating at a place where the clients are wearing dirty sweatpants and tank tops. Then you watch people go up to the buffet and pick pieces with their fingers and calculations go through your head of how many people have touched the food and where their hands/fingers have been. Also parents allow their young kids to go up who are eating while they are up there and have no problem putting something back they don't like.

Food wasn't good anyway so not missing out on much by skipping this dump.

• Visited May 2012
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“The food is OK, but this restaurant doesn't make you feel special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I attended the Saturday evening dinner and was surprised that after 4 the price is hiked to $13 for the buffet. You usually expect a discount for buffets because you're serving yourself. It took 25 minutes from our entering to having our money taken and being allocated seating. All the staff were pleasant and friendly, however I baulked at the suggestion that we tip the lady who came round to top up our drinks, because it's essentially a self-service restaurant.
The food was reasonable, some of it was very good in fact, but the sheer number of people going through reminded me of this restaurant's nickname: "The Golden Trough." I was also surprised that they let in a sweaty and noisy team of basketball players still in their sports clothes. It is what it is, and I might be back if I need a filling breakfast, but if I have $13 to spend on dinner and I'm in the Plover area, I know a number of more pleasant alternatives.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank farmbrough

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!