“Great hotel”

AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plover
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed three nights at the AmericInn Plover, WI. The hotel is a great location right off of I39 and very convenient to the entire area. The hotel is around 10 years old - but it is immaculate and quiet! The pool/spa area is clean and large. We really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 5, 2008

I stayed at the AmericInn in Plover on June 20 & 21 during my attendance at the Renewable Energy Fair in Stevens Point. Note: it is a two story hotel w/o an elevator so if you have mobility issues, specify a 1st floor room. It is only a 5 min drive from the 1st Stevens Point exit. I booked via their web site and got a rate of $62.95/night ($71.45 w/taxes) for 1 queen bed. I am a budget-minded traveler but do like some amenities so this place was perfect for me. For the price, it is an exceptional value and I would most definitely stay here again! It’s just off I-39 and the area around the exit has just exploded in the last 2 years; a number of gas stations, shops, restaurants and a grocery all within walking distance. The hotel/rooms may have been remodeled since the last post because I did not feel like it was run down though I have no doubt it is not as fancy as the WI Dells. The WI Dells is a huge tourist area; Plover is not. The room & bathroom were small but plenty of room for one person; two may be a bit cozy. Plus the sitting table only had one chair. But everything was clean and in working order. My bath towels were fine; no damage and clean but not luxurious. All rooms come with a microwave and refrigerator and both worked great; the fridge is bigger than dorm size with a good size freezer. You do need to supply your own dishes. The bed, pillows and linens were comfortable and clean; nothing luxurious but I had no problems sleeping. The windows open fully so I did not need to use the heating/cooling unit. I got an even numbered room which faces the main road so I could not sleep with the window open (darn!); too much traffic. But once the window was closed, I could not hear any traffic at all. The odd numbered rooms may be quieter since they are not on a road but since the hotel is just off the interstate, you may still hear that. Saturday a bunch of high school girls with chaperones checked in but I could only hear them if they were yelling in the hallway, which was quickly stopped by the adults. Otherwise the rooms are very well sound-proofed. TV stations offered were better than most 3 star hotels with everything I like to watch.
The indoor pool area was very nice (no outdoor pool); plenty big with lots of windows, a good size pool and larger than I expected hot tub with a sauna and bathroom/shower area too. I only used the hot tub Friday night and it was not hot enough for my taste; I was in there 15 mins and did not break a sweat. But it was still nice to sit and relax with the whirlpool jets on my back.
The free deluxe continental breakfast was great! They had make your own waffles, cold cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, muffins, danishes/pastries, bananas, apples, milk, OJ and coffee. All was very tasty and at the correct temperature. I got up relatively early so there was plenty of food when I arrived and left.
There is a PC in the lobby connected to the internet however, when I tried to read my Yahoo email, it said the server was not available. But I was able to connect to other web sites and even log into Yahoo just fine. I don’t know if that was a hotel PC issue or not but it was not a big deal so I did not ask. The staff was friendly and check in/out was smooth with no problems. I even tried to tip housekeeping but they never took the cash. Now that’s small town America! I will most definitely consider staying here for next year’s Renewable Energy Fair.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We recently stayed at the Americinn in Plover for a four day weekend. We had previously stayed at the Americinn in the Wisconsin Dells and had really enjoyed it. We were disappointed that the Plover location was older, more run down and lacked the charm of the Dells property.

On the plus side, the staff was very helpful and friendly, the breakfast was pretty good and the motel was clean. It is located in a fairly convenient area for access to Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids.

On the negative side, the towels were treadbare and ragged, the in-room coffee maker leaked water, the pillows are flat and the bed was spongy soft and sagged (we both rolled towards the center).

The Americinn inn Plover is an okay place to stay and I would stay there again if I couldn't book something nicer. Still there are many worse choices in the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank K2Travels
Reviewed April 5, 2007

We always stay at AmericInns because there so comfortable, but this was the best yet. The swimming pool is absolutely humongous and the Sauna was great. The hotel is so quiet, even though there was a basketball team staying there. I would totally recommend this hotel to people around the Plover or Stevens point area.

Stayed: March 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plover
Comfort Inn
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 13 in Stevens Point
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point

Been to AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point? Share your experiences!