“Best Gluten-Free pizza in Kenosha”
Review of Ruffolo III

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruffolo III
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The four-dot review isn't for the service, which is at times severely disappointing, the servers at times begrudging, unfriendly and unsmiling; it's not for the decor, which doesn't look like it's been touched since the 1970s.

Ruffolo's III gets the high points for excellent gluten-free pizza that's almost impossible to distinguish from the Real Deal, baked on a dedicated aluminum tray to avoid contact with the flour-contaminated floor of the pizza oven. I have had problems with gluten contamination of their competitors GF pizza, and was sick for days (I have celiac disease), but never from Ruffalo's III. The other Ruffalo's locations don't offer the GF pizza, which is to their loss.

My husband loves the regular thin-crust. The sauce is zesty and not too sweet, and the italian sausage is the classic anise-touched flavor common in the best old family-owned pizza joints in SE Wisconsin. It is such a joy to have a tasty gluten-free pizza that doesn't make me sick that I will ignore bad service and ugly decor any day.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The service is absolutely awful at this location. The service goes downhill once you get your order placed. You have to ask for everything you may need when you place your order because you will barely get any attention from this point on. That includes getting your bill so you can get out of this hole in the wall.

The food is low-grade Italian food. There is no ambiance and the clientele leaves a bit to be desired as well.

If you want a a good meal with good service, this is NOT the place to go.

1  Thank review9999
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The dining room is dated and worn, but the food is excellent and the portions are huge. We carry out regularly, but have dined in several times.

Reviewed February 27, 2009

My husband i I went here for dinner on a Saturday evening, we went early because we have seen that this place fills up on Saturdays. My first impression was "Wow, ultra casual!" Ok, I can do that. We sat down and watched and listened to all the loud people in the resturant for about 8-10 min. and were never even approached by a waitress. No menus, nothing. We left and I'm sure no one even noticed were were there in the first place! We won't be back even if the food is good. (Which the cars in the parking lot seem to indicate)

3  Thank Krissy25
Reviewed December 11, 2007

I'm giving this an average rating, but really it's better than average in a lot of ways. This is a large open space of a restaurant, very casual, usually a lot of noisy families gathering around large tables they've pulled together themselves. The bar is out of view from the dining area.. Families are made to feel welcome and to seat themselves if the place isn't full.

Pros: Excellent italian food (try the deep dish pizza), very reasonable prices, kids and large groups are welcome, carryouts available.

Cons: can be bustling and noisy, so definitely not a place for a quiet talk or a romantic dinner. If you know that ahead of time, it's fine. Sometimes service is a little slow or maybe too casual.

3  Thank Diner_7