“Seafood Delight”

Dining options: Reservations
Illinois
“Seafood Delight”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped in on a Friday evening without a reservation and were greeted with a warm hello from several staff, and seated promptly. My husband ordered the Lake perch, which was fresh (not frozen!). He raved about it being perfectly prepared and how it brought back memories. I had the Thai coconut and shrimp soup. It was divine! The spicy soup had so many layers of flavor and was absolutely perfect. I hope that's on the menu next time we drop in, because I am still thinking about it.

Since many items on the menu are pricey, we tend to only go here on special occasions, but the fish fry and entree-sized soup were reasonably priced and exceptionally tasty. We'll save the pricier items for those special occasions, but will definitely be back more often.

• Visited April 2013

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“You Give "Liver" A Good Name!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We dine at Radigan's minimum once each year. The food is always good but last night it was exceptional. My mother is a huge fan of calf's liver. I treat her to this delicacy each year on her birthday and I join in the treat. While I'm not a huge fan, I can always count on Radigan's to produce a 'liver' dish that I will eat and in fact enjoy. Last night's birthday outing was incredible. I'm not sure how they could out do themselves but that was the case with our dinners. If you are a so so liver fan, Radigan's will make you into a true fan. I do have to warn you, after eating this dish at Radigan's, other restaurants will fail to compare.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John W
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Lava cake without the Lava??”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Soooo, the wife and I have not been back to Ray Radigan's for ten years because the first time we went, we felt it was overpriced for what was offered. Well, it changed, but for the worse. No music. Really?? Who doesn't have some type of music in their restaurant?? First, the waitress who wasn't serving us wanted to use my menu, instead of the long 20' walk back to the hostess station for another menu for a table close by. Good training. Our waitress did not even know what wine, red or white, the wine by glass was. The soup was blah, the salad ditto, with my wife's garlic dressing, which she claims was vegetable oil and garlic, was served in a throwaway plastic cup that you would get at a public school. Classy. The ONLY redeeming factors were the steaks. They were excellent, and while I am not big on presentation, please put some parsley or something on the plate!!! A slab of steak on a white plate is how I serve it at home for cripes sake!!!!! Then, the coup de grace, lava cake without lava. Seriously. Our waitress, who unfortunately was very green and new (we gave her a big tip anyway since she doesn't control the kitchen and apparently no one else does either!!!) brings out this little chocolate cake. Looks innocent enough. We can't wait to cut through it and see that hot chocolate flow out. Unfortunately, no one told the chef that's how it works!!!!!! No lava just a hard chocolate truffle in the middle. Nice. Additionally bad for us and Radigans, we had just been to Flemings in Brookfield WI, that serves amazing lava cake that is CRAZY GOOD! Oh well, chalk it up to experience, but I would avoid this over priced diner on the south side of Kenosha at all costs!!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank goesforett
Zion, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On the top of my favorite list!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Enjoyed an amazing dinner here a few nights ago! My husband had a steak that was melt in your mouth good.. My dad had the whitefish, which is always an amazing choice, and I had the lobster thermidor!! Mmmmm!! I can't go without the relish trays.. I LOVE the cottage cheese they make!! I also had the spinach with warm bacon dressing, which was exceptionally good.. And of course a towering brandy ice for dessert! Looking forward to going back again soon!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Susan B
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has resurged. New management has reorganized a classic landmark back into a must stop.
Service, food and atmosphere is excellent.

A must stop!