“Bad News”

Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Two Rivers
“Bad News”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

One of the worst hotel stays we have ever had. Very glad we did not pay money for the room but redeemed credit card rewards points. Still feel we were cheated. Paper thin walls, Had to call the front desk at 2am to report someone screaming down the hall. Reserved the room for 4 adults and only had 2 bath towels. Non-smoking room and I found a half smoked cigarette on the floor by the headboard. Stains on the bed cover.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

John F, General Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make our team aware of the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your experiences are not typical for our hotel.
I have shared your comments with the entire management team so that we may look further into the concerns you had while at our property.

Please allow me the opportunity to personally speak to you to apologize and discuss what we can do to make things right and not lose you as one of your loyal guests.
I can be contacted at johnf.super8@gmail.com.
I look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you.

Apologetically,

John Franco
Super 8 Pleasant Prairie
(262) 857-7963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I brought my two sons here for a weekend visit and needed a place that was resonably priced as well as safe. We stayed two nights over a weekend and was pleasantly surprised you can still get a decent hotel for $100 for two nights. The owner is clearly in the process of making some cosmetic updates, which is nice to see; the laundry facility was a great convenience as well as the breakfast in the morning. We especially liked the upgrade from the old hotel bedding to nicer white faux down comforters. Mini fridge and nice TV's in every room.

Aside from the hotel itself, the standout of this facility is it's staff. They accommodated us beyond reasonable expectation-with a friendly local feel you won't ever get at a larger hotel. One staff member, Trudy, even went so far as to have her husband drive us over to Action Territory so we could avoid the unreasonabke $20 cab fare. I cannot tell you how much that meant to me as a mom just trying to have a nice week-end with her sons.

We wilk definitely be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Molly G
John F, Manager at Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff . They are all truely an assett to our property. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received. And we anticipate your return trip to the Pleasant Prairie area.
Elgin
Reviewed September 29, 2013

wow...what a "pleasant" surprise. stayed at a super 8 mid month in woodstock, il...worst hotel room i've EVER stayed in...EVER. i was a little apprehensive to stay in another, especially since the rating was middle of the road. SO happy i took a chance.
immediately upon entering the building, i smelled "clean"...one flight of stairs up to my room which was right by the door, (no obnoxious noise to be heard). parking was ample, (i was 3 feet from the door). the room was large, clean and well laid out. desk, dresser, clean ample fridge, NEW clean coffee maker. the bed was big, newer, and the linens INCLUDING the comforter, which was white, and smelled of bleach, (like the linens). (after my last stay at a super 8 i actually brought my own linens and pillows this time, just in case. nice comfortable clean recliner chair and LARGE flat screen tv. new curtains, blackouts behind new sheers, and and clean carpets. no foul smells whatsoever and the bathroom, although dated and seemingly built for someone about 3ft tall, was very clean and had everything needed.
i'm fairly particular when it comes to budget lodging. i want a good deal, and never expect luxury, but i DO expect clean!! this place was not only clean, but had more than id hoped for.
i had requested a late check-in and check-out when i made the reservation through my rewards online program. last stay, not only did they not save my room, but then gave me a hard time about a 2 hour late check out time, (on a MONDAY!). when i called in advance to make sure this reservation was good, they were well aware of my late arrival and were very gracious about accommodating my needs for a late check out too.
when i got to the hotel, i was greeted by a very friendly young woman who was neat and IN UNIFORM! (how impressive!!) she was kind, had my keys ready and let me know where to go. she also confirmed without my asking, my late check out. all in all a great experience. i will be back!!!

Room Tip: 220 king non smoking was great!