“Great hotel. Recommend to anyone!”

Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed here for a few days to visit childhood friends. I was kindly greeted by the general manager and happened to get a discount room for both days. There was no hassle and the room was extremely clean. Great customer service everyone was friendly. I recommend this to everyone who is looking to stay In the area.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Slikkone08

Reviewed August 29, 2011

It was everything I would expect. It was simple with few extras such as a pool but it was clean, had a nice tv, fridge, and air worked great. The continental breakfast was not too bad either. For $50 a night I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Larry J
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We chose this hotel because we had recently stayed in a Super 8 in another city and loved it. We checked in to a very unpleasant smell (urine?) in the bathroom, which was solved by using lots of chemicals in the bathroom, despite which the walls and shower area were still dirty. We could not open the window, as the screen was very bent and we worried about bugs (it was early July), so we ran the bathroom fan for the rest of the day. Even though we checked in well after the 3pm time, there was still a lot of cleaning going on and no one could tell us if our carpet had been vacuumed. It was definitely in need of a shampoo, but that wasn't going to happen. The most easily reached outlet near the bedside table was poorly anchored in the wall. Looking around for alternative outlets, we discovered someone's dirty socks. We gave up and used the wobbly outlet. There were two saving graces--free wifi and breakfast. Unfortunately, the wifi was intermittent at best (one of our machines couldn't get on it at all, and the other got kicked off randomly) and breakfast was sparse and in an extremely cramped area for the amount of people struggling to get their money's worth out of their stay. The one waffle iron--fantastic waffles, by the way, that's a Super 8 staple--required a long wait, and the milk and coffee ran out over and over because the only person who could do refills was staffing the front desk. Our first night's rest was interrupted by an alarm clock that made a strange noise once per hour until we unplugged it. We turned it in to the desk the next morning, and did not receive a replacement during the remaining day and half we were there. Our key cards failed, were reset, and failed again.
In response to voicing all these concerns upon checkout, the desk clerk apologized helplessly and shared that the new manager was working on changes.There was a sign at the front desk offering people a $5 per night discount for posting an online review. I suggested that they offer that amount for us NOT to write a review. She called us later that evening and told us that the manager had approved the discount for our stay, but it has been two billing cycles now (we stayed July 1st and 2nd, room 208) and it never materialized. I emailed the manager, as suggested, and got back what I presume was a form reply, because when I offered to share my list of concerns, there was no response.

Room Tip: no elevator--book on the first floor if you have any concerns about mobility, and get to breakfast e...
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at the super 8 a few weeks back, when a storm knocked out power to the area for a few days. I was very pleased with my stay. the room was very comfortable and had nice amenities. A flat screen tv and a mini fridge was a nice touch. plus the staff was very friendly, even as busy as they were, being fully booked. Good rates and plenty of stores and restaurants within walking distance. Don't know who put up that pic. but it's not of the hotel! didn't notice any knick knacks covered in cobwebs..

1  Thank brian_2124
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel very frequently for the last 3 years, as I commute from a distance to work in the north Chicago area. The owner and staff are efficient, polite, and very friendly. I'm given the same room, which is comfortably furnished and decorated and is always clean. The staff anticipates my arrival by providing extra pillows. I would recommend this motel above all others in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 19, 2011

this was a easy hotel to get too, it was being remodeled at the time. nice frount management.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank a c
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a night mare....so dirty and musty, stunk of Urine and Smoke....the rooms were so dirty...hair on the flloor of the bathrooms...had to shower with my slippers..the bath tube was litterly black....the air condtioner didn't work so had to ask for another room...the other room was just as dirty or more but the air finally worked, had to sleep with the windows wide open and the air on full blast in order to get some sleep but wasn't able to...but also tried to call other hotels but were all booked due to a triathlon in the area

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Super 8 Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!