“Great place to stay, were very accomodating”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel in Sept 2012. It was clean, the breakfast was excellent and the staff went out of their way to be accomodating to us for our stay. Our room was large, beds were comfy. Everything was excellent. Had laundry facilities for us. There were some sports teams staying there, yet everything was quiet for our sleep. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank canadianredwing
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to learn that you find our guest rooms enjoyable. And also that our breakfast selection is to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just returned home to Chicago after a three night stay at your hotel. A group of scrapbooking friends meet twice a year at your hotel and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else! We book your meeting room and feel like we are at home (without having to do any of the work!) We love the staff--especially Linda, Mike, and Dawn who go that extra mile to make us feel special! They have been there for us every step of the way since we've been meeting the past three years! We are treated like royalty and never have any problems and if we do, they are addressed promptly and respectfully. The rooms are fabulous--large with a microwave and mini-fridge to store our snacks to get us through the weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyone again in April, 2013! A huge THANK YOU to all your staff for the great job you do!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adnilka

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours enables our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We enjoy the weekends that you and your group stay with us. It is our pleasure and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friend, son, and I were in Kenosha for family weekend at Carthage College. The distance between the hotel and college wasn't that bad. Overall, the hotel was very clean. The service was good, got what I needed immediately. My only complaint was during the free breakfast, the employee Mike who was working the breakfast accused my son and I of using our fingers rather than tongs to retrieve the sausages. I was highly offended because we used tongs and I felt racial profiling because we're African American. Linda who was behind the check-in desk misinformed Mike. My friend used tongs to put another sausage on the plate she had already eaten from. That's good for sanitary reasons but I felt Linda was watching from across the room because we're African American. The next morning a white family came to breakfast with seven small children and not once did Linda watch the buffet. I'm a sheriff in cook county Chicago, Illinois and I only book my stays in the best hotels. This is the first time I felt racial profiling.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Notscared

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express PP/Kenosha. I invite you to contact me directly in regards to the issues you experienced during your stay.

Dawn Melton
Assistant General Manager
262-942-6000

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying three nights at the Holiday Inn Pleasant Praire while visiting the Kenosha, WI area for my sons wedding in Oct. 2012. From the timme we checked we were greeted with courtesy and warmth by Bree the Desk Clerk who was very helpful in directing us to a local resturant that specialized in authentic German food and atmosphere. We found the rooms to be spacious and clean with several amenities. The complimentary breakfast was nice and Deb the breakfast hostess was very friendly and helpful and kept the area neat, clean and well stacked. The quest business office was closed for remodeling but the Front Desk personnel were very accommodating when I needed certain computer related information. we would gladly stay there again when traveling in the area.

Room Tip: I would select the top floor because we had a second floor room and the person above us could be hea...
1  Thank Robert L
Dawn M, Assitant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Exress. And thank you for the kind words for Bri and Deb. They are true assets to our compnay. And they make our guests stays memorable. We look forward to you visiting again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Pleasant Prairie, WI is a great place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and SO IS THE BED!. The rooms are nice and clean. It isn't fancy, but it is nice. They have a great pool and a meeting room. The signature Holiday inn Express breakfast is super with fresh pancakes, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit and it all comes with the room. The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly. I have business in Kenosha frequently, and I always stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It is kind of all by itself with nothing around it, but 75th Street is about 3 blocks away and you can find lots of great restaurants, fast food places and a great movie theatre at Tinseltown. I like it because it is a 5 minute drive to I 294 which takes me back to Chicago O'hare. Oh, and one more thing.....there is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant about 5 minutes away....and I love the home cooking and the fun store they have out front.

Price is good, too. I get it online from Orbits and I paid about $129 a night including the breakfast.And if I want a night snack, I can keep it in the frig and heat it up in the microwave in the room.

It's a good place. And don't forget to go to the Jelly Belly Factory. Fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, but I always like the higher rooms away from the elevator. But the elevato...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmy H
Dawn M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your business travels. We take great effort for making sure our Great Start Breakfast is the best start if your day. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I dealt with Dawn the property manager starting in mid 2011 to get everything set up to reserve a block of rooms for our wedding in Oct 2012. Dawn was a pleasure to work with and her staff was always very helpful and courteous. We chose this hotel based on the modern amenities and updated feel of the rooms. It was a little farther from the venue than our first choice, but well worth the extra 10 minutes of a drive for such a nice place. The staff was even kind enough to hand out little baggies of treats for all the guests who checked in to attend our wedding. Overall it was a wonderful experience and would highly recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

It was truely my pleasure to work with you both. We were recently remodeled in 2010 and keep up with all our amenities. Thank you for recogonizing our efforts. It is truely appreciated.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The folks over at this Holiday Inn Express are just beyond words. We used there hotel as our wedding hotel, we viewed and talked with many different hotels in the area but there hotel and offers stood out above the rest. They are willing to do almost anything for you and are always there if you have a question or need anything. The manager Dawn was wonderful to work with and catered to our every need and want, the driver to and from the wedding Mike was funny and always willing to lead a hand to those getting in and out of the shuttle bus and helping carry boxes and holding things. And of course the rest of the staff there was lovely as well! There breakfast was fantastic; there rooms are huge and perfect for large groups to get ready in, simply a perfect place for any event you may need them for. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel in the Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha or Racine area for weddings, any other type of event or just an over night stay or two. They are kind, generous, and wonderful. Thank you guys for everything, you were/are truly a one of a kind hotel experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your new beginning as husband and wife. We truely appreciate you choosing us to be a part of your big day. You and your guest were great! Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express PP/Kenosha.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
0 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!