“I'm an MBA student with Loyola Carthage, I stay at Holiday every othe week”

Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The service has always been excellent when Linda is at registration and at front desk when I arrive or check-out. Linda's customer service is outstanding. Unfortunately, Dawn who is the manager does not have good customer service. I was not pleased with the service Dawn provided.

The room is standard, it is okay for an overnight stay. Sometimes we get a room with a microwave/refrigerator. Other times I don't, but this is really not a huge deal, because I stay one night only.

The most important thing is customer service - Linda is a great asset to your administration. Due to the experience that my colleagues and I had with Dawn's management style, we almost left to a different hotel. However, Linda provided valuable customer service and took several steps to ensure we were satisfied customers. We opted to continue to give holday express our business because Linda took the time to address our concerns.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Dawn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to let us know the problems you encountered.

I want to apologize for the misunderstanding we may have had regarding your room rate upon check in.

I have made sure that in the future that we have your rate correct.

I do appreciate your kind words about Linda and agree that she is an asset to our company.

Feel free to give me a call directly if we need further clarification.

Dawn Melton
------------------

Reviewed August 20, 2011

What a disappointment! I had specific questions about our travel/room needs and called 3 times over 2 days without getting a person before I made the reservation. I just got a recording every time I called that put me on hold, came back and replayed every time telling me I would be connected (didnt call during peak times: check in/out or anything). Needed a refigerator (child has meds) and a micro for a special needs child's routine. My husband said "when have we EVER not had those in a room? They have to have them." I also wanted to know about pool hours as my girls LOVE to swim. We were going to the theme park and wante to swim when we got back (last year went to keylime cove and were disappointed that the pools close early). We got back from 6 flags around 9:30, got in the pool, man come in at 9:50 and announces "POOL IS ONLY OPEN TO ADULTS AFTER 10PM!). Only one other family w/ kids and us were in the pool. the kids were very disappointed. Had they answered the phone, I would have known prior to reserving. The room itself was chintzy-not even a sofa! 300.00 for 2 nights and not even a couch to sit on!!?? Breakfast mediocre-microwaved eggs, toaster waffles-blah, but the breakfast worker was super friendly. Oh, and they really need to CLEAN the bathrooms. Under the sink TWO spider webs on the ffloor with spiders in them-were not swept/mopped in the time we were there, which tells me not a thorough cleaning job. We get a lot more for our money at Comfort/Clarion and Marriott. Herd of cattle roomed above us-LOUD!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crizmila
jnpmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at our property.

I am glad you shared your observations regarding our telephone systems and unfortunately we did have some technical phone issues during the week that you tried to call us. We do have room types that have refridgerators and microwaves, your room type booked was not one of these room types, thus we did not have these amenities in your room. I do apologize we were not able to communicate with you regarding this and understand with the phone troubles it was not possible prior to your arrival.

Our pool hours are designed for the enjoyment of all our guests and we do limit the last hour of the pool for Adults and again I do apologize we were not able to communicate the hours prior to your arrrival because of phone lines being repaired.

I also would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by our Housekeeping department. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper and the rest of the team. We are working to implement the policy preventing these types of situations from happening in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We got married in July and some of our out of town family plus ourselves stayed at the hotel the night of the wedding. The rooms are extremely nice and very clean. We had no problems! The breakfast the next morning was amazing! We really enjoyed our stay! The staff was wonderful! The comment I read about the guy who sold his room to someone....that just sounds ridiculous! Why would you trust someone to stay in a hotel room that is under your name and that they still have your credit card on file...your lucky you didnt get charged more and your lucky they didnt rack up a room service bill under your credit card. That was your own fault, not the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jnpmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you very much for the kind words. We as a staff enjoyed having you and your wedding group party stay with us. Again, Congratulations!!!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last October when we gave it a five for rating. This July we give it a four. On the positive side, the rooms were very clean and smelled clean. Two employees; Mike and Brandy helped make this stay enjoyable. Their pleasant attitude and degree of service went above and beyond the average worker. Around 10 pm, 3 sisters would meet in the lounge area for wine and a recap of the day. Brandy would bring us wine glasses, turn off the TV and dim the lights providing a very enjoyable ambiance.
The negative experiences included a closed pool one day which was a definite amenity we were looking forward to using. The hot breakfast food was pretty bad. The scrambled eggs were really over salted egg crumbs. The biscuit and gravy we honestly would not have given to our dog. The waffles lacked total flavor.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jnpmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Family Fun,

Thank you for your feedback about your visit with us and for choosing our hotel. I would like to apologize that your stay wasn't Five Star as you have come to expect from us. I did look into the pool's status during your stay and did see it was closed for general cleaning and rountine maintenance for 2 hours. I have spoken to the Mainentance Staff and Front Desk Staff to better inform our guest when we are in need to perform these necessary duties. I do apologize the breakfast was not up to your standards. I have spoken to the Breakfast Host to revisit our cooking protocol to insure a great tasting breakfast. I do want to Thank You for the kind words about two of our valued employees and I will be sure that they are recognized for making your stay enjoyable. Again, than you for your feedback and we are truly sorry and we take your comfort very seriously. Hope to be Five Stars for you next time.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Stayed at this location on business trip, finding the staff very friendly and helpful from arrival through to departure. I enjoyed the hospitality night on the Wednesday I was there from 5-7 as the cold beer and munchies went down nicely after a long 7 hour drive to get to this hotel from Canada. Area restaurants were within a decent walking distance, while the pool area was very clean, and the pool a great size for doing lengths. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, with both hard and soft pillows, great mattress and a large TV. The breakfast the next morning was one of the best I've ever had for a continental breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, AMAZING cinnamon buns etc. I also enjoyed the free internet access and free phone calls from the room. Overall a great hotel, which I would definately recommend !

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

The single king room we reserved wasn't available when we arrived so we were given a double queen room which was disappointing but not a major issue. Other than that the room was very spacious, comfortable, and clean. My only complaint on the room is that there didn't seem to be any possible way to switch the input on the TV away from regular channels so that we could watch a movie on the DVD player we brought along. The TV just seemed to be locked down completely by LodgeNet or whatever it is that is taking over the thing. Moving onto other things besides the room I can say that the hotel is set up nicely and staff were very friendly even though the lady at the counter couldn't recommend us a place to eat next to the lake. The free breakfast was absolutely horrible and not what I remember it being at the last Holiday Inn I stayed at. After a bite of the cinnamon roll and eggs I moved onto just cereal, milk, and fruit and skipped it all together the following mornings. I personally wouldn't stay here again because I like the free breakfast to be edible and typically do bring my own movies and DVD player but for other people these may be non issues.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This hotel was a big surprise as I was used to the old Holiday Inns which were just okay.
The service was exceptional at the front desk. Each person was nicer than the last one and they arranged for me to get my room earlier than expected, gave great directions and volunteered to print my plane boarding pass. Room was clean and had a king size bed, desk, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. It had a flat screen TV. I'd certainly stay again and it was a good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!