“Sometimes you just crave Olive Garden...”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 9, 2014

And then you leave bummed out... Olive Garden is a chain and I get that. I suppose if I lived in Iowa or Nebraska Olive Garden would be amazing Italian food. But this is Kenosha, and we have lots of amazing Italian food. So like I told my daughter as we went in there are times where you crave Taco Bell but understand it is not real Mexican food, its the same thing with Olive Garden. With that said I had two visits in a month, and each visit had pros and cons. The PROS are the Chicken Gnocci soup (which was the craving that led to the second visit.) As well as the Risotto balls (also known as Arancini.) Actually I like alot of their appetizers (mostly frozen and then fried but sometimes you just want them...) I love the giant glasses of water with lots of lemon if you ask and that they also have Coke products. Their servers are attentive and get you more before you run out. Their salad is good too. I love their alfredo although what I make at home is probably the equivalent although about 8 bucks cheaper but sometimes you just cave. The Steak Gorgonzola is pretty satisfying as well as the Chicken Marsala but deep down I know these are just microwaved meals. Which leads me to the CONS. These meals are pre-prepared thats why they hate substitutions. And I HATE sun-dried tomatoes and I swear half their menu has sun dried tomatoes. I love their Smoked Mozz. Chicken but it has those stupid tomatoes. I made the mistake of having their lunch sandwich of fried shrimp and when I saw in the menu a sauce was on the sandwich I figured smeared on the bread like mayo would be but I was wrong- the shrimp were coated in this nasty lemon sauce. WHY would you soak fried shrimp?! It made the breading mushy. I should have had the meatball sandwich- at least that one was pictured on the menu. The cost is what makes me sad at the end of the meal. For what it is, it should not cost so much but then I guess it would be Fazoli's (double ick.)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I didn't order a meal just an appetizer, but since both of my daughters were getting a salad the waitress brought me a plate and told me to enjoy a salad too.

1  Thank Shelli K
Reviewed September 28, 2013

food tasted excellent and was brought promptly. best olive garden i have been to in a while. would definitely go back if in the area.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING!! Food was the original menu not the one they have in IA. Food was prompt and perfect temperature with lots of flavor!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stick with the appetizers, as with many chain restaurant's we feel that the production of the food is first over the quality. Red Lobster is another example, with high prices and low return on quality. We had the shrimp alfredo and another new shrimp spicy dish on noodles and we were disappointed for the first time from Olive Garden. We will return for Salad, breadsticks and certain appetizers which are always good.