“Not worth the money.”

La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only good thing about this experience was the hotel staff. Accessibility to the the room sucked. The carpeting in the room was loose and dingy , which killed the comfort factor right off the bat. Don't even try to take advantage of the breakfast. The area needed to be twice the size to accommodate the number of patrons. I'm sure you can find somewhere else in the area to spend your hard earned dollars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We picked this one because we wanted a place for overnight stay at under $100/night. Our room was on the second floor, so we had to haul all our stuff up a flight of stairs because of no elevator (I know, it's a 2-star!)

The stairwells were all musky and carpeting was visably unsightly with ground-in dirt, but our room was quite cozy with a clean and adequate space, good lighting and temp control, and comfortable bedding.

Breakfast was so-so with a very limited selection of sub-par offerings. The dining room was also crowded with about 20 persons--as it was tiny, so we ate in the adjacent lounge area by the front desk.

Overall, we really just needed a safe and comfortable place for a quite and restful night's sleep. And for under $90 w/ taxes and fees, I wouldn't mind staying here again.

P.s. We also spent a night at a 4-star hotel in Chicago a week prior, and our hotel repertoire is extensive across the country.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This location is a good option if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is not fancy, but is clean and updated. We have stayed here several times, but miss the scrambled eggs & sausage that used to be part of the morning breakfast offerings. Breakfast now includes a nice continental selection. This hotel is a good choice for the budget traveler. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Maryanne R
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We love this hotel....while we not generally chain hotel people (we generally like B and B's) we tried this hotel several years ago as a secondary location when our sailboat wasn't available. Staff is always friendly, rooms always clean and upgraded continental breakfast always fresh and hot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rudy3718
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed for one night during a local triathlon. I agree that there was a faint smell of cigarettes, but, overall, I would say the place was clean. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was small, but clean. The front desk experience was very positive as the employee was extremely enthusiastic and kind. This isn't the Four Seasons, but it's a clean and reasonable place for a night's stay...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

An awesome experience at the Pleasant Prairie LaQuinta Inn! Everything was great. The manager, front desk, and housekeeping made sure so. The extended hot breakfast each day makes the stay nicer too. Coffee and juice free 24 hours a day. Rooms very comfortable and clean. How can you go wrong? Location is great too. Right off the highway and close to lots of great things in the area to do.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Where do I start? I thought the country inn was the worst hotel in kenosha, but this place takes the cake. It was a slum. I've seen cleaner and more comfortable ymca accommodations. The room was supposedly nonsmoking, but reeked of smoke. If you didn't run the air at very cold, the room became hot and smelled even worse.
The "free" breakfast was awful. They had stale, dry cereal with milk. Some bagels and muffins. One waffle maker which was always being used so you could never get to it. No fresh fruit. A couple of containers of yogurt but the spoon dish was always empty. Watered down juice. They had hard boiled eggs, but whomever cooked them did not do very well. They were undercooked and impossible to peel. One of the worst free hotel breakfasts I've seen.
The bathroom was tiny, and the door knob was about to fall off of the old and dilapidated door. The exhaust fan runs automatically when the lights are on in the bathroom, and is very loud.
I did not feel safe at all here. We were on the first floor, and the window did not lock. I could not sleep all night worrying that someone was going to break in through the window. I put my wallet in the pillow case under my head just in case. If my small children had not already fallen asleep I would have asked for another room. In addition, the room was off of the parking lot and was noisy. Then in the early morning, even though we had the do not disturb sign out, the maids and custodial staff decided to stand in front of our door and have a very loud conversation in Spanish. Thanks for the early morning wake up call.
The maid service itself left a lot to be desired. There was no plastic bag in the garbage, so we didn't want to throw the dirty plates from the "free breakfast" in the garbage so we left them next to the garbage. After our room was "cleaned" the plates were still there. (The reason we had to bring the plates back to the room was that the breakfast room was tiny and full all through breakfast).
The topper was when we tried to come back to our room around 1 pm and our key wouldn't work. We had to walk across the hotel to the front desk where we first had to track an employee down. We were told the keys are automatically deactivated every day at noon for "security." But then all I had to do was was give them my room number and they gave me a new key (some security.). But then the second key didn't work either, and I had to wait for maintenance to let me in!
After the sleepless night we spent, we were all tired so we just decided to lose the second nights cost and go home. We paid $70 a night on Priceline and felt cheated. It's a $35 a night dump at best. Save your money, don't bid on 2 star hotels in kenosha!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1  Thank sr5242
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!