“Wedding Reception”

DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
Mayville, Wisconsin
“Wedding Reception”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have nothing to say but good. From service to food - all was exceptional. Our daughter was married at the Renaissance Faire followed by the reception, grand feast and dance at the Radisson. There were many glitches at the Faire but none at the Radisson. The facility was beautiful and the staff top notch and very helpful.

Room Tip: We found the king suite to be very comfortable and extra roomy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Renee W, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi Deb,
Thank you so much for sending out such a lovely review.
I have sent a copy of the review to the Chancery and to the entire team here at the Radisson.
Please let us know if you will be retuning next year for the renfaire, maybe an annual event for your daughters anniversary.

Please feel free to contact me anytime you will be in the area and need a room,

Renee' J Witkowski
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
Pleasant Prairie, Wi
262-857-3377

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Port Byron, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night and did the Ren Faire Package (room, 2 tickets to the faire and a free breakfast for 2). We have stayed here before several times. We checked in early (the room was ready when we got there) and were able to get our tickets to use on Saturday by calling ahead. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice, no traffic or hallway noise during the night. The air conditioner worked well but was very noisy. I would get used to the noise and fall asleep and then wake up when it shut off and got quiet. Room was clean and nicely laid out, shower was fine (love the shower curtains,the long vanity and the large make-up mirror). The curtains shut tightly and kept out the light, but there was a large gap under the door that let in a lot of hallway light. There is no frig or microwave in the rooms. Bed was ok, I couldn't seem to get the right "number" on the sleep number bed. Also the bedspread makes a noise when you move around at night?? The WiFi connection worked good. The clock/radio light was so bright I had to cover it with a washcloth. The restaurant was wonderful!! We went down on Saturday night for dessert and sat in the bar, the food was fantastic and the gals serving us were too! Breakfast was just like we remembered it......the baked oatmeal is the best, and the service was good. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your comments. I have passed the compliments onto our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again next year for the Ren Faire. For your next stay please ask for a suite, they have mini-fridge and microwave. We also have a few mini-fridges that can be put into the standard rooms as well.

Renee J. Witkowski
Guest Experience Manager
Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the property while visiting relatives in Kenosha. Location did not disappoint us as the "Outlet Mall" is right out the front door. Nice shopping experience! The property is average for the Radisson brand...front desk staff...very helpful. Restaurant, The Chancery, wonderful eating experience, try the baked oatmeal...really!! Pool, fitness area, very nice. Room on the 6th floor was quiet. Clean but no mini fridge or microwave. Easy access on and off the freeway and noise level was ok. We had problems with the WI Fi for our laptop and tablet but they do have a nice business center on the main level. If your travels take you to the area, the hotel will meet your needs....and by all means, shop,shop,shop!!

Room Tip: We stayed on te 6th floor...nice and quiet. Elevators are very efficient....so "up" is go...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Renee W, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

I see that you also enjoyed the outlet mall across the street. Please note that we offer a shopper's paradise package for your next trip.
I have passed your compliments on to the entire staff.
I also enjoy the baked oatmeal!

Again, thank you for your review.

Sincerly,

Renee' J. Witkowski
Guest Experience Manager
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice rooms, good food, great whirlpool, but above all superior service--and that last is the quality I value most. Good people going out of their way to make a good place better. On a previous stay we had a minor room malfunction--a noisy fan--that was quickly tended to, and the staff gave us a voucher for a free breakfast to compensate for the inconvenience. On this stay the desk manager went to considerable effort to locate the specific tea I requested, and on both stays the restaurant waitress was a delight. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited family in Kenosha, decided to stay at Radisson since I have been satisfied with other Radisson stays.

It was just a bit below average when compared to other Radissons.

Basic, but clean. Lobby décor is a bit dated, front desk staff is friendly.

The hotel is off the main highway and in front of premium outlet mall, which has great bargains for brand name stores.

The room was basic, at least in good shape, clean, except for stained carpet, large and multiple smears. Sleep number beds comfortable, flat screen tv. AC was not loud, worked well and curtains were good enough to block all light.

The carpet did have some permanent stains, but the rest of room was clean. No fridge or microwave. Bathroom was very good, all worked, and very clean. I do like the Radisson toiletries.

I had a room at end of hall, on west end and I could hear highway traffic at night.

I really did not like that there are smokers constantly hanging around the front door. In the afternoons I had to navigate between a crowd of smokers. I thought that this was illegal, they have to be 15 feet from entrance, but staff does not enforce this.

Free parking, free wifi which was fast and I never got dropped. I used the business printer which was complimentary.

I did use workout room, small but sufficient, enough treadmills and weights. Then I went to indoor pool which is large, then used hot tub which was nice and hot, and jets worked well. Not too chlorinated which is good.

We ate breakfast, service at first was good. No buffet, made to order omelet from menu. But mid meal, my server disappeared, after a while showed up with the check, never came back. Odd.

I guess this hotel is one of the better options for Kenosha, but it is overpriced. If you don't mind dirty carpets, it is comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the EAST side since the adjacent expressway is on the west side of the hotel, and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ORD-TGU
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of working with my Mother-in-law's cancer treatments. We were wanting to come back to get some things for her because she had been unexpectedly admitted to the hospital. The shuttles are only every 2 hours on the weekend and you are supposed to give 30 min notice. We called with 25 min notice and Renee the Customer Experience Manager was rude and would not be flexible at all even though there was still 25 min till the shuttle was scheduled to be there. We explained about our Mom being in the cancer hospital, but to no avail. The Radisson is not up to par with others I have stayed. There is no microwave, no free breakfast, and the beds were very uncomfortable. There were lots of drunk people around on multiple occasions. I even saw empty beer cans and empty wine glasses just sitting around the lobby. Disgusting. The one highlight are the shuttle drivers that took us to the hospital, they were all amazing and went out of their way to help. They should be given a raise, and Renee should be fired, and the contract with the Radisson cancelled if they can't learn to work with people better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank squeege777
Jared H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry to see that you did not have a experience up to our standards. Our shuttle to and from the hospital is available complimentary to CTCA patients. Due to the distance it must travel we must adhere to a very tight schedule to ensure all patients make it to their appointments on time. I will personally address your concerns with my team to ensure that we are as accommodating as possible in this situation going forward. We have a dedicated public area cleaning associate to tend to the items you detailed in the lobby. I can assure you that these were resolved as quickly as possible and were a result of an onsite wedding.

As the area's only full-service hotel we offer a full menu breakfast inside of the Chancery Restaurant located onsite. Each room features either a Sleep Number bed or a standard bed for those who prefer a traditional option. Many of our CTCA patients elect to reserve a suite as they all feature microwaves & mini-fridges.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced; each one will be addressed and improved going forward.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight April 26, 2013 when we decided to shop at the Prairie Crossing Mall. We splurged on a 1 Bedroom Suite because it seemed the only way we could be sure to get a fridge and microwave in the room. I'm sorry we did it because the king-size bed was in a tiny room with the air conditioning unit only inches from the bed. When the air was on and we were in bed, the air blew so hard on us it felt like a wind tunnel which we could not stand to sleep! So it was a hot, uncomfortable night with the air off. Besides the bedroom the suite had a windowless small living room area with a very large widescreen TV and comfortable enough sitting and a nice bathroom. Pool is too small for lap swimming but nice for kids. Workout room is small but clean. Chancery Pub located in the hotel has a large bar, and nice restaurant area, good service, but really mediocre bordering on bad food. My fish tacos and my husband's hamburger were practically tasteless.

Room Tip: Don't get the 1 Bedroom suite if you have trouble sleeping with air blowing directly on you from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judith K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!