“No Complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
New York City, New York
“No Complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

Not much to say about this hotel. It was clean, the staff was nice and the price was okay. We did get a sleep number bed and a jacuzzi in room, which was nice. The bathroom was large as well. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room. I didn't try the restaurant, but, oddly, there seemed to be proms or something held the entire weekend I was there. Not that it's much different from other hotels... On the plus side, I didn't hear any noise or drunken debauchery from my room!

I don't find myself in Kenosha often, but judging from the other hotels in the area (it's definitely not NYC), I think it would be hard to do better in town.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
st. louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2008

Party hotel. Even their sleep number bed couldn't bring sleep with the entire hotel full of drunken screaming people, all night long. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express instead.

Stayed April 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2008

Stayed here on a business trip, was expecting something a cut above the typical motel/hotel next to the freeway, but no luck. Probably the best thing about it is its proximity to the large outlet mall. Restaurant also very ordinary.

Stayed March 2008
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

The day of check-in we had a reservation. Our sister was a patient at CTCA for lung cancer. The general manager Scott Kent stated that it didn't matter and we still had to wait 3 hours for a room. He asked us if a smoking floor would be acceptable instead of our original room and we stated NO, absolutely not, that our sister had lung cancer and would not be healthy for her. He lied to us and told us he was giving us a different room. But, gave us that floor anyway because when we got off the elevator all you could smell was smoke!

When taking the shuttle bus, the driver made a couple get off and another couple get on just because they we're his "buddies". He helped his friends with luggage instead of helping someone with a wheelchair. We ended up helping that person ourselves. That same morning the driver arrived an hour late because the driver slept in which left my sister late for surgery.

On the last night of our stay they called to inform us that we didn't pay for the last night. When in fact we did tell them we would depart the next morning and they never included it upfront.

Upon calling the corporate office to complain about the service, they were just as rude as the people in Kenosha.

We will never stay at this hotel again and suggest others don't either. Thank you.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Mon1que014
RadissonHotel, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, April 14, 2008
We are disappointed this guest did not fully enjoy their stay. Our normal check-in time is 3:00pm, and we did our best to get them into a room at Noon as soon as possible when they arrived at 9:00am. The hotel was full the evening before, and it does take time to clean the rooms with check-out time being 11:00am. We offered a non-smoking room on a floor that it half smoking and half non-smoking and they did accept this room so they could check-in to the first available room.
Our shuttle bus for the hospital does first and foremost provide service to patients, while care-givers and family members may sometimes have to wait for the next shuttle which runs every 30 minutes. This ensures that patients arrive at the center for their appointments as others traveling with patients are not a priority to arrive at a certain time. We do this at the request of the hospital. We have spoken to the hospital transportation staff as they also provide shuttle service and it is unclear as to what shuttle service they used.
We certainly do not give preferential treatment to any guest as all of our guests are of the utmost importance to us. We will take all their comments into consideration to improve upon any service issues in the future.
wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

After booking the room for our girls weekend shopping we realized that we may be adding a 5th person, when we asked to have a rollaway bed set up in our room it was like pulling teeth, plus the receptionist on the phone was not pleasant at all. They said they would not guarantee it would be there.
When we arrived the room was ready for us, I think we may have been the only people staying in the hotel. Because of the convenience of having dinner right in the hotel we headed to Chanceys, which was the rest/bar attached to the hotel. We ordered apps and dinner only to have our apps come AFTER dinner. They realized a mistake was made so we didnt have to pay for the apps. After dinner we went into the bar, hey, whoa, the locals are not friendly. The bartender did not want to serve us, we had to sit and wait for her to come out from the kitchen to serve us a drink, not cool. So after a few cocktails and discussing among ourselves how the service lacked, we realized some locals must have been pretty bored and decided to pay attention to our conservation. At that point a few words were said to us due to the fact they were sticking up for the lazy bartender. Words flew out of the locals that basically didn't make much sense, at this point we were not happy and ready to leave. It was a few women and a man that approached us. Okay, if you don't like people who are not locals why the heck to you hang out at a hotel bar?? I think they must have been short a few cards of a full deck. anyway the bar manager (who looked like she was 19) asked us to leave. so we did and we complained to the hotel staff and headed back to our room.

Now, this hotel advertises it's sleep number beds. Little did we know that you actually had to ask for a room with sleep number beds so, with PJs on and ready to hit the pillow we reached for the remotes... hum, no remotes = no sleep number beds. We called the front desk and asked what they would do for us, they kindly offered to move us to a room that had the sleep number beds. These beds were of the lowest grade and double size beds. This was a little tight for the 4 ladies that were in the party. NOT a very good test. The room was tight and the tiles on the bathroom floor were popping up.
I'm not much of complainer at all but the four of us really were unsatisfied with the situations both at the hotel and the rest./bar.
good thing the staff at night was nice. I would not go back and spend the money we did for the lack of room.

Stayed January 2008
RadissonHotel, Hotel Management at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, April 14, 2008
Radisson Hotels & Resorts only purchases the premier level of the Sleep Number beds. We are disappointed that these guests did not enjoy the beds, but we do offer a small percentage of rooms with regular pillow top mattresses as well.
We have forwarded the guests comments to the management and ownership of The Chancery restaurant as this restaurant is not affiliated with, owned, or managed by the Radisson Hotel.
NEW YORK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed here in February 2007. This hotel was awesome! I really dont know where to start being everything was great. I will break it down like this:

1) Room- We had a jacuzzi room, and I booked it through the "sweetheart" package. The room was awesome, and spot free. I would have eaten off the carpets! This room had a huge jacuzzi, a sleep number bed, and lots of space. Being we stayed two nights we received: 2 bottles of champagne, 2 boxes of choclates, and 4 complete breakfasts. The price of this room was well worth the money.

2) Workout Room- The workout room was small. But the state of the art equipment made up for it.

3) Business Center- There was 2 dell computers with flat panel monitors, and a printer. My only complaint was they let kids use the computer to play games. If I was on business I would have been mad. But all hotels alow the same thing.

4) Chancery Restuarant- All I could say is Awesome. We ate dinner, and breakfast there! The bar was awesome as well.

5) The staff- I never encountered such professional and courtesy people, as they employ. I called down to the desk to ask for my champagne. I could tell in the employees voice that he was a little busy. He promised me it would be on it's way. About 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door, there was our champagne.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NYPAUL
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2004

I stayed here in mid-August 2004 on business. I don't know how new the hotel is but would guess it is no more than two years old. The lobby and rooms are impeccable, and the room decor is put together wonderfully. I don't often find myself halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago, but I would definitely stay here again. The only negative is the lack of (except for fast food) restaurants in the area. The attached restaurant, the Chancery, I believe, has a decent selection but is just average.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!