“Average hotel with not so comfortable beds”

DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Average hotel with not so comfortable beds”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here on Sunday evening for 1 night. A get-away evening and to do some shopping. Check in was quick and they were friendly. Room was clean but average. Pool area was small but clean. Sleep Number bed and pillows both were not comfortable at all. We ate at the attached Chancery and it was average food with good service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank knst
Jared H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, our entire staff works very hard and your feedback is vital to us! I am very pleased to see that you found our property to be clean & our restaurant to be a great dining choice. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy the Sleep Number bed in your room. We have some guests that are very loyal to our Sleep Number beds but others who prefer a traditional option. For this reason, we do offer a Serta Pillow Top bed in some of our room types. Please ask our reservation team for a non-Sleep Number room for your next visit and I am sure you will be pleased with the comfort. Thank you again for being a valued Radisson guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visit there relatively frequently for swim meets up at the Rec Plex. While location is good for that and local shopping (Outlet mall is right accross the street), the service is pretty poor.

For starters, The rooms do not come with a refrigerator. So we called ahead and asked for one. "No problem" answered the front desk. Then when we get there - no fridge. I was told "first come, first served" when you arrive. This small issue was representatve of the communications issues there. Similar challenges on checkout times, extra blankets etc.

The attached restarant food is "ok". Pretty typical hotel food.
For subsequent trips we will stay at hotels one exit north on 94.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators - very noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 63Chitown63
Matthew B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Review.

On behalf of Radisson Hotel, please accept my apology for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. We strive to ensure our guests the best experience possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We should have placed a fridge in your room, prior to your arrival. We also could have granted you a late check out of 2pm, instead of our normal check out at 11am.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Your feedback is very important and will help us to improve our service.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I appreciate your valuable feedback.

Matthew Benson
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Kenosha
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

WOW!! My husband's family were visiting from Greece, so of course we had to shop our brains out!!! The conversion rate of the Euro being so strong and our quality and brands...makes shopping here a WOW for most Europeans. We reserved two rooms, one double and a king suite room. I stayed in the king suite room...wow...I was soooo pleasantly surprised. I am used to short overnight stays in not so great Wis. hotels. I enjoy resorts in Wis.but short one nighters have not been favorable!! So, imagine my surprise!! I can't tell you how pleased we all were!! We arrived on a Sat. at about 1:30pm...one room was ready so we dropped all our stuff in that room and WALKED over to the outlet shops. Thanksgiving week, so very busy. We shopped and instead of carrying our bags, one of us would walk back to the hotel and drop off our purchases. Our group was small, myself, my husband, our two kids(ages 10 and 13) and my husband's brother(from Greece). Now back to our room...the hotel staff were very efficient and pleasant. The king suite was awesome...fridge for my TAB(soda) and a microwave as well as coffee amenities. Our daughter stayed in our room and slept on the sofa-bed and had her own T.V. so that was great. My husband and I had our own bedroom with our own T.V. and a sleep number bed, There was a nice bathroom right outside the bedroom so you weren't bothered by someone using the bathroom while you were in the bedroom. All granite tops on counters and dressers always helps a room feel clean. Ample drawers and closet space. Our room was two doors off the elevator, so I thought it might be noisy..but it was very quiet.. They accommodated my wishes of being able to see the outlet stores from the double room and the king suite was on the other side of the hall. They did not have adjoining rooms open for us but it was not a problem!! We ate at the restaurant on site called The Chancery. The restaurant was delish, I had a Taco salad and a glass of wine and we also had great fried cheese curds, a Wis. specialty. The service was great and so was the food, we also had a great breakfast with great service. When it's time to visit the outlets again...even though our drive is only 80minutes top, we will stay here again....it's fun for the kids with the pool and relaxing for the adults with the convenience of being so close to the outlets. Also heard that there is the Jelly Belly factory 3.5 miles away...we will add that to our trip next time!! I highly recommend this hotel..you will be surprised!!

Room Tip: King suites are the perfect size with a fridge and micro..rooms facing north might be more quiet but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulaG63
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Went to a wedding there on Friday night. Real nice inside.very clean, roomy, also right next to a prime outlet mall with over 100 popular stores. Real easy to get to right off highway. Had a great time easy to find.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Grobs3
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After visiting Lake Geneva for several years, we began stopping at the Premiun Outlet Mall on the drive back home. We thought it would me fun to take advantage of a day of shopping and then spend the night at the Radisson which is only a few steps away. I could look out of my hotel room and watch my teenaged sons walk to the mall. The staff was very nice and professional. We will stay here on aregular basis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Andrew W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review about the Kenosha Area Radisson on Trip Advisor. We are glad that your and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us, and will look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Kenosha area.

We hope to see you soon!

Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
Kenosha Wisconsin
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times before. the staff is exceptional , service is excellent .
The rooms are very clean and very well kept with the "Sleep # " beds.
The hotel is right across from the Premium Outlet Mall (walking distance).
The Chancery restaraunt which is adjacent to the hotel offers a wide choice of meals for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Excellent service at the restaurant as well.
Internet is for free , very fast.
This place is one of my favourites , I wish they had a small safe for valuables in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michel T.,
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post your view about ,The Kenosha area Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, here on Trip Advisor. I am so please that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and look forward to your next return visit. On behalf of the Radisson staff we thank you for your loyalty.

We hope to see you again soon!

Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Perfect stay for the two days my family was there. Nice clean rooms. Sleep number beds. Right next to the Premium Outlet Mall. My wife loved it; my wallet did not. Staff was courteous and helpful. Modern facilities that were nice and clean. My wife is crazy about cleaniness and this was perfect for her. The bar downstairs in the attached Chancery restaraunt was nice and had a good selection of beers. Always nice after a hard day coaching(in town for a basketball tournament) or shopping. Actually stayed open a little later so we were not rushed into finishing our drinks. My wife utilized the exercise area and found it to be useful, but not overly large. Equipment was well kept and clean(do you see the common theme). Recommend to anyone who wants a comfortable hotel with on site restaraunt, excellent shopping, clean rooms, courteous staff, and convenient location. Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Always pick the highest floor available if travelling and find there to be youth teams on site. Ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Andrew W, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank You for choosing to stay at The Radisson Hotel and Convention Center. We can't tell you how pleased we are to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Sincerely
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Best Western Executive Inn
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!