“Nice place for a wedding ,convienet,right by the mall”

DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
“Nice place for a wedding ,convienet,right by the mall”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Went to a wedding there on Friday night. Real nice inside.very clean, roomy, also right next to a prime outlet mall with over 100 popular stores. Real easy to get to right off highway. Had a great time easy to find.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Grobs3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After visiting Lake Geneva for several years, we began stopping at the Premiun Outlet Mall on the drive back home. We thought it would me fun to take advantage of a day of shopping and then spend the night at the Radisson which is only a few steps away. I could look out of my hotel room and watch my teenaged sons walk to the mall. The staff was very nice and professional. We will stay here on aregular basis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Andrew W, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review about the Kenosha Area Radisson on Trip Advisor. We are glad that your and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us, and will look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Kenosha area.

We hope to see you soon!

Kenosha Wisconsin
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times before. the staff is exceptional , service is excellent .
The rooms are very clean and very well kept with the "Sleep # " beds.
The hotel is right across from the Premium Outlet Mall (walking distance).
The Chancery restaraunt which is adjacent to the hotel offers a wide choice of meals for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Excellent service at the restaurant as well.
Internet is for free , very fast.
This place is one of my favourites , I wish they had a small safe for valuables in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michel T.,
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post your view about ,The Kenosha area Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, here on Trip Advisor. I am so please that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and look forward to your next return visit. On behalf of the Radisson staff we thank you for your loyalty.

We hope to see you again soon!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Perfect stay for the two days my family was there. Nice clean rooms. Sleep number beds. Right next to the Premium Outlet Mall. My wife loved it; my wallet did not. Staff was courteous and helpful. Modern facilities that were nice and clean. My wife is crazy about cleaniness and this was perfect for her. The bar downstairs in the attached Chancery restaraunt was nice and had a good selection of beers. Always nice after a hard day coaching(in town for a basketball tournament) or shopping. Actually stayed open a little later so we were not rushed into finishing our drinks. My wife utilized the exercise area and found it to be useful, but not overly large. Equipment was well kept and clean(do you see the common theme). Recommend to anyone who wants a comfortable hotel with on site restaraunt, excellent shopping, clean rooms, courteous staff, and convenient location. Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Always pick the highest floor available if travelling and find there to be youth teams on site. Ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Andrew W, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank You for choosing to stay at The Radisson Hotel and Convention Center. We can't tell you how pleased we are to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Sincerely
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The first thing I noticed upon entering our room was the filthy carpeting. I'd love to see the general manager take off shoes and socks and walk barefoot on that carpeting. Absolutely distusting.

Staff is comprised mostly of glassy-eyed college age kids, who really couldn't care less about hospitality or cutomer service.

I do NOT recommend staying at this hotel if you are a CTCA outpatient. The shuttle service has a schedule, but always needs to be confirmed in advance, otherwise they won't bother to make the trip- and sometimes they forget to pick you up even if you have confirmed and made arrangements for them to pick you up. We were simply told to wait for the next shuttle, which was an hour later. My husband was feeling very poorly at the time, and we were offered half hearted apologies by the afore mentioned apathetic staff, but nothing was done to FIX the problem, such as comping us a cab. One of the shuttle drivers is an absolute maniac behind the wheel. If you weren't nausated from your chemo treatment before you got on the shuttle, you certainly will be afterward due to careening around turns and the like.

The restaurant/bar, The Chancery next door is a less than mediocre excuse for a restaurant. Breakfast is ridiculously overpriced. Don't expect the bar staff to know anything about the local beers they have on tap, and for the love of everything that's decent, do not order the $3 maragarita special on Monday night, unless you like margaritas like a jolly rancher- sickeningly sweet.

Overall results: filthy carpeting, indifferent staff, meh restaurant, and ignorant barkeeping. The only thing that might salvage this place is the proximity to the outlet mall next door, but I'm not much of a shopper.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KA T
, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
KA T.
We apologize for the discomforts you experienced while stay at The Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Kenosha. We are sorry that our previous attempts to contact you regarding the nature of your stay have been unsuccessful. My name is Jolene, and I would truly like to discuss your stay with you, and encourage you to contact me directly at jveness@fhginc.com or by phone at 262-857-3377, so that we can get additional feedback for staff improvement.

Merrimac, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a large group coming in from out of town. The staff did a gread job accommodating all of us.

The rooms were nice and clean. Eventhough, the hotel is right next to the interstate, the rooms were quiet! The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

The hotel had a fitness room with treadmills, eliptical machine, and bikes. They also had hand weights from 5 Lbs to 50 Lbs. There was not a universal machine available.

The conference room setup was great. The hotel set up a raised stage. The speaker had 80 people in the room, but because of the room layout, he did not have to use a microphone.

The hotel staff did a great job with breakfast and lunch.

In the future, I would stay here again. I also recommend this location for a conference since it is so close to Milwaukee Airport (avoid O'Hare).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I am convinced that the general manager has told the housekeeping staff not to leave soap or shampoo in the rooms. I actually had to go down to the front lobby and ask for soap on the 4th day because I was out. I also had a very embarrassing moment when the girl working in the front lobby gave another guy the key to my room. I was laying in bed and a random stranger came walking in my room. I think that he was as embarrassed as I was. LOL
This hotel is apparently the best accomodations in Kenosha, but that is not saying a lot. As a business traveller, I rely on the amenities of the hotel, and it just seemed like a bunch of college kids were running this place. The rooms were loud, and they apparently have a deal with the sleep number beds because the rooms have the digital control beds. I equate these beds to a mattress with a digital overlay air mattress. Think of it as sleeping on a high tech version of the air mattress you blow up and sleep on when you are camping. It is not comfortable.
The rooms are also extremely noisy and I had a very difficult time sleeping.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AndrewReese
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!