“Nice Hotel and Nice Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice Hotel and Nice Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stopped in from a long road trip and was pretty beat. The parking lot looked a bit busy but i stopped in anyway and asked for a room. The gentlemen who checked me in was great and on top of his game, i want to say his name was Matty or Manny. He was quick and gave me all the info i needed. The bed was comfy, i ordered room service and that was also quick and pretty good. All in all good place off the highway between Chicago and Milwaukee.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly, despite the time of my stay being extremely busy. Hotel was at capacity, yet staff always offered a smile. Rooms were a good value. Clean, in a seemingly safe area, and quiet. A great night's sleep. Restaurant located on-site (attached to property) is uber convenient. Shopping just steps away, with the large outlet mall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

The Raddison was a nice hotel. Very clean and the staff was very friendly. I was traveling on business and had my wife with me so we needed to check in early. The front desk person was more than willing to assist us and checked us in right away. I've been to hotels where they make a big deal out of this and don't want to assist however not here at the Raddison. The hotel lobby was nice and the rooms were very clear. The Sleep Comfort bed seemed a little old and for this I only gave the hotel a four star rating. Also, the restaurant that was attached was okay however again for a 5 star you have to have great food too. The outlets were right across the street and the Jelly Belly Factory was just 5 minutes away. I recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We traveled from Missouri for a family wedding (not at the hotel) and were ready to collapse upon arrival at the hotel. Danielle at the front desk was very friendly and had everything ready for us to check into our room. The room was nice, clean, and the sleep number beds were very comfortable. We didn't want to go out to get food, so Danielle gave us a great tip on a good pizza place that delivered, she even had a menu handy. There was some kind of kids sports group at the hotel and the kids (unattended by parents) were completely wild, loud, and obnoxious, especially to people who just want to sleep. We called down to the desk and they took care of it for the most part. In the morning I woke up to them playing hockey in the hallway, but as soon as I called the desk it was taken care of. I felt bad complaining, it's not like it is the hotel's fault that these obnoxious kids were so disturbing. The manager and staff were so nice. I found an apology note under the door for all of the noise and they took measures to ensure the rest of our stay was enjoyable. I had a friend drop off an item at the desk for me and the hotel kept it safe in the back until I could come and pick it up. Overall, I was very pleased with the management and staff at this property. Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and if we are ever in town again, this is where we will stay. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We booked the hotel for a wedding but the hotel staff made the stay fell like we were part of a big family. Whatever we needed they were there to help. The reception was held at the hotel and it was beautiful with great food and fun. Our rooms were promptly cleaned and ready for us when we returned from a great shopping adventure at the outlet mall just across the parking lot from the hotel. We stayed two nights.

Room Tip: The double rooms are only full size beds.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

With a visit to the outlet mall we chose to stay here so that we can get all our shopping needs met without being rushed. Nice clean hotel (although there isn't much in the area to compare it with). Had a suite and it was better than I expected. Just arrive from a west coast trip and thought it would be a great idea to stay here for a shoppers dream. It did not disappoint and rather was probably the cleanest hotel we stayed in during our 10 days away from home. Value was excellent and would recommend anyone to stay here in the area if need be.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

We booked a one night stay for a friends wedding that was nearby. The day of the wedding ended up being one of the hottest days of the year so we called the hotel and asked if we could check in early thinking we would change and shower at the hotel and then drive to the wedding. The women at the front desk was very nice and said we could check in right away so we did. The hotel is RIGHT across the parking lot from the outlet mall and very easy to find from the highway. There is ample parking and the lobby is very clean and attractive. The women at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.
The room we were given was on the 5th floor that to me smelled smokey as did our room upon entering it although it was clearly marked as no smoking. My boyfriend thought the smell was from the air conditioner which it could have been since it got less noticeable as time went on. The room was clean, the shower was nice however did loose full water flow at one point, and the bed (which was a sleep number bed) was super comfy. The blanket and sheets were also really lovely.
My only other concern (other then the smoke smell) was that when we called to make the reservation they told us that they were all sold out of rooms at the govt/military rate however the hotel seemed very empty and under booked. They did end up giving one of the couples in our party the military rate when he presented his military ID at check in.
Overall it was a nice hotel and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Great location if visiting the Outlet mall
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
AGMRADPPW, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and I am glad we were able to accomodate your request for an early checkin. Thank you for taking the time to share your helpful feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Janine M. Osborne
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha? Share your experiences!