“Beautiful, cozy and romantic!”
Review of Walnut Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Platteville
Walnut Ridge
Ranked #2 of 2 Platteville B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The property was gorgeous and exceeded our expectations! The owners are wonderfully friendly and hospitable, but give you plenty of privacy. It was -20 out and we had no intention of leaving, which was perfect. Amazing heated floors, lovely rustic style which showed so much love and skilled craftsmanship, Wonderful jacuzzi-style bath with waterfall wall, well-supplied kitchen... They've thought of everything. Highly recommended for a relaxing getaway!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie B

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I took my girlfriend here to get away and ask her to marry me. She had no idea where we were going. She was very surprised and impressed with the two bedroom cabin we had. There was a ton of space for the two of us and it was very clean and ready for our visit. I was a little disapppointed on how close the cabins were to the owners home, but we were never bothered by the owners, and rarely even saw them.
I am sure most people don't come to a cabin to watch TV, but the living room does not have any comfortable furniture to snuggle and watch a movie. We ended up taking the mattress off the second bed and putting it on the floor in front of the TV and that worked out great.
I brought all of our food for the whole weekend and the kitchen worked out great!
I would highly recommend if you want to get away on a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Irish2710
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We loved this cabin. My husband and I stayed at "Back Again", the larger cabin. The structure was amazingly built and attention to detail was great. Breakfast was in the form of eggs, english muffins, waffles, etc. in the fridge for us to make and enjoy in our own time. Clean up was a breeze with the dishwasher. The hot tub is HUGE and the fireplace is a nice bonus, although it was too warm this time for us to use it. The cabin is advertised as having "total privacy" so we were a little dismayed to see the owners house right next door. However, they never intruded and we felt very much alone. I would definitely like to go "back again"!

Room Tip: Smaller cabin looked more private but the larger one has more amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I found this B&B online and planned to check it out for quite awhile before I actually made the trip. I wasn't disappointed. There are 2 cabins, and my boyfriend and I stayed in the smaller one. It was quaint and cozy... and truly rustic and cabin-like but by no means spartan. The decor is appealing, but not over the top cutesy. We loved the wood burning fire and the in room whirlpool and made good use of both. We didn't get a chance to hang out in the loft, but we weren't there to watch TV and didn't have any time to relax and read. Maybe next time we'll stay more than one night. The innkeepers are inconspicuous... we never actually saw them. They did respond promptly, however, to our request for additional firewood, and breakfast was delivered to our door in the morning.... (an incredible, extremely decadent cream cheese strudel). We ate every last crumb. Overall, a wonderful experience! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple