“comfortable but cole”

Super 8 Platteville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Platteville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Friendly staff, very clean room, no real problems. The room decor could use some updating, but things were clean and in good repair. I can usually sleep on any type of bed and found the double bed to be too hard. Breakfast included toast, cereal, waffles, and baked goods, which is adequate for me. The hot tub area was nice for relaxing. If I return to the area, I would think twice about booking Super 8 again just because of the hard bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Clean place with a great breakfast, but I thought the price was a bit high for a Super 8 hotel (around $80 for two people). The place is owned operated by local people that are really from the local area, which does a lot to break this chain hotel away from other Super 8s. The room was better than other Super 8s I have stayed in, but would prefer a lower rate and a more Spartan room. Breakfast was good too; I got to make my own waffles! The front desk staff was helpful when I asked about a few of the attractions in the area (New Glarus restaurant recommendations and about the brewery there). I would stay again if coming to Platteville.

Room Tip: All seem to be the same. Choose the back of the hotel for more peace. Choose the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

On The evening of January 25th the Platteville area had a major snow blizzard event. One of my sons works in Platteville, and lives 5 miles outside of town. By 8pm, when he finished work, the highways were shut down due to blizzard conditions. No way would he have been able to get home. I called the Super 8, spoke with Miranda(sp)?, about a room for my son. She informed me the only rooms left were hot tub rooms. Priced at $140 per night. Then to my surprise, Miranda informed me she was discounting the rooms to help stranded travelers. My son could get the $140 room for $99. I pd for the room, my son was safe. I want to compliment the Platteville Super 8 for realizing the emergency situation, and giving people a break. Some businesses would have gouged travelers a higher rate in this situation. My son said the room was very clean. He enjoyed his stay. My thanks to the Platteville Super 8 for a job well done.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MartiniWisconsin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platteville
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque
Days Inn Dubuque
Days Inn Dubuque
#14 of 17 in Dubuque

Been to Super 8 Platteville? Share your experiences!