“We appreciated the staff who let us play cards and listen...”

Super 8 Platteville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Platteville
Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 23, 2013

An okay hotel. The breakfast area is very small and crowded, we did not stay very long. Checkout extension was not available.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Super 8 shows its age with age and accompanying deterioration. It was on the cheaper end of rooms available in town and adequate for a night's sleep as opposed to using it as a home base.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is not your average super 8. After driving for 3 hours needing a place to stay for business I found this super 8. I got one of the best nights of sleep I had in a really long time staying out of town. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the cable tv had a lot of channels. That morning I realized I had a balcony, and when I looked out I saw one of the most beautiful views: two swans gracefully dipping their wings into a stream! After speaking to the kind woman at the front desk I found out that their names were Sir Lancelot and Lady. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever working in or around Platteville. Come see the beautiful swans!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank courtneykbee
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This Super 8 has two buildings. We stayed in the remote location about 100 yards behind and below the main building. Do to the layout, it is about a 250 yard walk uphill to the lobby in the main building - - - so the free coffee and continental breakfast were not worth the walk.
I liked the patio doors in the room and they made luggage transfer to & from our vehicle to the room a snap. You can back right up to the patio doors and unload, but you still have to walk to the end of the building and enter through the hallway to unlock the doors and exit through the hallway to lock the room. an exterior lock on the patio doors would be a very nice improvement.
The room was slightly larger than average and clean ( although my wife did kill a bug in the bathroom when we first arrived - saw no other bugs ) The wooded location was peaceful and appealing.
I started my reservation process on line and because I had a question about ground floor room availability I called the motel directly. I was told it would be simpler to finish the reservation on the phone at that time and my AARP rate would still apply. That sounded reasonable and convenient so I completed the reservation on the phone. What the desk clerk did not tell me was the 20% AARP discount I was seeing on my computer screen was only going to be 10% over the phone. Yes, it is probably my fault for not double checking, but no dollar amount was quoted by the gentleman on the phone, only that he would also apply the AARP discount, and I assumed they were the same rate regardless. Lesson Learned - always get a final dollar amount no matter how big of a hurry you are in! I checked out from my room because the lobby was in the other building so I had no bill at the end of my stay. And NO, the motel would NOT make an adjustment to the price after I called about the higher charge on my credit card statement.

Room Tip: The remote building is a quieter location. You can back up to the patio doors of the rooms on the S...