“Clean rooms, courteous staff”

Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Platteville
brookfield
“Clean rooms, courteous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2008

We were very pleased to find such a clean, attractive hotel in city as small as Platteville. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room, pool and breakfast area were all exceptionally clean. The desk clerk recommended a local restaurant (Steve's Pizza) that was very good, and responded quickly to a couple other requests. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

My son and I stayed here for one night before taking a tour of the University campus. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hot tub was warm and pool area was inviting. The rooms were exceptionally clean. This hotel takes pride in the cleanliness of their rooms. The continental breakfast had make your own waffles which was a nice touch. I already booked this hotel again for fall registration.

• Liked — Closeness to the University
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Channahon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2007

This hotel is great - the entire facility was very clean and quiet. My husband and I enjoyed our two night stay. Clerks at front desk were polite and helpful. Pool area was well kept. Breakfast was very good with an assortment of items. I would recommend this hotel highly and use it again. Thanks Country Inn of Platteville!

• Liked — The Cleanliness in all areas of the hotel.
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2005

My family stayed in this hotel last night (a Friday)
and found it an excellent place.
We had a great time in the pool,
our room was very quiet (even
though the hotel was full), and the
breakfast was a good deal.

The service was excellent,
both timely and friendly.
The hotel is very clean,
including the pool area.

Stayed June 2005
Madison, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2004

How ironic that the last review also had lousy service from the front desk. When we were checking in the clerk told me I had reserved a room with one bed. I knew that was wrong but he kept insisting that is what I had reserved and was the only roon they had left. I agreed to take the room as it also had a sleeper-sofa. Then he handed me the check-in form to sign and he had the wrong name! I had given him my credit card with my name on it as I had walked up to the counter so I could notbeleive he had the wrong person. After I pointed out his mistake to me he found MY reservation for a room with two beds. When I went to check out the girl at the front desk was on the phone. It was obviously a personal phone call. Without saying a word to me she took my room keys. She then shoved a paper at me saying "sign here" gave me my copy and then appologized to the person on the phone for interupting thier conversation! This is a nice hotel with a nice pool but the desk staff I met are all incompetent.

5 Thank The_Madison_Traveler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2004

I had rented a room last fall. My nephew was with us whom is allergic to clorine. The shower in our room was not working. My nephew needs to shower as soon as he leaves the pool, or he will break out with a horrible sick rash. I tried calling the front desk three times. Twice from my room. Then once from my cell. Each time the phone was busy.
Then I went to the front desk to get help. The girl there was talking to a friend the whole time. After a little time she asks my needs. My nephew finally got bathed anddid break out with a rash. I will never recommend this Country Inn in Platteville to anyone. I thought it might have been just me, but the girl was ignoring all customers and taking continuouly on the phone with friends. I do not feel she would have treated anyone any better.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2003

When I have out-of-town guests who wish to stay in a local motel, I recommend Country Inn. It is very clean and comfortable, well-decorated, and has a very nice pool/hot tub area. All experiences of my visitors who stayed here have been very positive.

• Stayed January 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platteville
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Black Horse Inn
Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Sherrill
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville? Share your experiences!