“fish good, service really slow”

Park Avenue Pizza Co
Ranked #25 of 86 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Thought we'd give this place a try as we had some guests in town. First time here and probably the last. The fish was good, potato pancakes good but greasy and heavy. One of the kids ordered a pepperoni pizza as that is his stand-by food and barely ate one piece. It was a sweet sauce and the meat was more salami like. Not a kids normal pepperoni pizza. The rest of us thought it was a bit strange too.

The jalapeño poppers were cheddar, fresh and seemed to be homemade. These were the best part of the evening! The garlic cheese bread was good too but pretty light on the garlic.

As for the service, it was pleasant but but slow. Understandably food delivery is not the servers fault but it took about 30 minutes to get our meals. We were a table of 7 but we had 4 Friday specials, a noodles and butter kiddie bowl and pizza. This seemed extraordinarily long. The waitress also forgot to bring extra tarter when asked.

We witnessed several other tables in the restaurant having to ask for their checks as she was not able to keep up with the tabs. Perhaps more staff is needed on a Friday night fish fry?

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in the mood for pizza and beers and found this restaurant listed on a couple web-sites. Although I was reluctant at first due to the comments about slow, poor service, I am glad I looked past those. Working in retail, I understand that more common than not, the ones to write reviews are the ones that have something to complain about.
We both have nothing but positive reviews; our waiter, Dan, seemed to be running everything, and did a great job multitasking and juggling everything that was going on. It wasn't very busy so it makes sense he was the only one there, but I want it to be noted that he did a great job handling all of his responsibilities.
We opted to go for their pitcher of beer and large pizza special, which gave us $4 off the pizza. We received our pizza in the perfect amount of time and it was very good. Our toppings were fresh, and everything was homemade.
Although we knew we were getting pizza, I still looked over the other menu options, and they all sounded very appetizing. Furthermore, the food that was delivered to the other patrons looked very well made and tasty.
In summary, our server was friendly, prompt, and genuinely seemed concerned about our satisfaction. The food was fresh and delicious; we highly recommend Park Avenue Pizza.

1  Thank ilikevacations29
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We liked the pizza, we liked the garlic bread, we liked the atmosphere, we didn't like the service. I would go back to try again, but I was extremely disappointed in being ignored and not checked on.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We often eat here as the Kiwanis group that we belong to meets here. The service is good, but the menu is limited. Everything on the menu is good.