“Good food, great service, friendly staff!”

Canyon City Wood Grille & Sln
Ranked #50 of 87 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Good food, great service, friendly staff!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Never been disappointed on any choice we tried on the menu. The ribs are out of this world! By far the best Fish Fry around! The baked fish is made fresh for each order. I am very particular about how I order my food, and they have never gotten my order mixed up. Staff makes you feel like family. I would recommend this place 100 percent!

• Visited September 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good Food but Decor Needs an Update”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was very good and the service was great but looking around there are many issues. Peeling paint, water-stained or missing ceiling tiles and a couple of dead bugs on the window sill next to our table really dampened a nice food rating.

• Visited February 2013
Maquoketa
“Good place to meet friends”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Whenever I'm in Waukesha I make a point to visit friends from where I used to work before I retired and moved away. We usually go to Canyon City. The food is always good with so many choices and the staff is very friendly and never tries to rush us out.

Visited December 2012
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Bacos???????”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was part of a large group that "always goes to the Canyon City restaurant" after a concert. I can't speak for many others, but I was very disappointed. Yes, the group was large, but the waitresses could not keep orders straight and I, among others, went to the bar ourselves for beer. Their beer selection is quite extensive and the bar tender, as mentioned in other reviews, is wonderful.

Now - on to the food. I ordered 'potato canyons', which were potato skins with bacon, cheese, etc. The bacon turned out to be Bacos. Bacos???????? In potato skins? Who does that? This place does. The person across from me ordered chili and had to send it back and try something else as there was so much salt in the chili that he could taste nothing else. His wife tasted it and agreed. A previous reviewer remarked about the very plain burger and the person next to me got exactly that. Heck, a local bar and grill gives you the works and whatever dressing other than mustard and ketchup (which are on the table) you want for less.

I personally don't think this restaurant is worth the relatively high prices I saw on the menu. I will probably go back after the next concert when the group goes, but I certainly will not order the Potato Canyons or chili. I will not go on my own.

• Visited November 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Super waitress, so-so food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have been to Canyon City several times and have never been disappointed before, but last night was somewhat of a letdown. My family and I originally planned to go to Olive Garden but were informed there would be a 2-hour wait. We chose CC, because, as I mentioned, we had not been disappointed before. There was almost no one else in the place when we went, even though it was around 7 p.m. on a Saturday night, but it worked to our advantage as our waitress had plenty of time to take care of us. There were 5 in our party. We ordered drinks and an appetizer to start. Two in our party had a frozen Hurricane, one liked it and the other didn't. The rest of our drinks were great. Appetizers were good, nothing special. Of our 5 entrees, we had one sandwich, two orders of ribs and two orders of chicken. Between the 5 of us we had either chicken dumpling soup (very good) and tomato tortellini soup (only so-so, according to my husband). The person who had the sandwich raved about it, the two people who had the chicken said it was good but slightly dry (white meat only) and my husband and I had ribs. He also had 3 shrimp with his. Verdict: Shrimp, very good, ribs only OK. They weren't completely done and had to be cut off the bone. We took home the leftovers and even after reheating were still not done. The flavor was good, though. I have had their ribs before and ordered them this time because they have always been great! Also, I ordered garlic mashed ptatoes and they looked like potato soup - sort of a pool of potatoes, way too runny. The baked potatoes, I was told, were very good. Our waitress, as I mentioned, was super, at least until 2 other large parties came in. She seemed to be the only one on duty so was running around and could not get back to us as quickly as in the beginning, but had a great personality and overall really seemed to enjoy her job. The bar filled up while we were eating and was rather noisy but in a good-time sort of way. Unfortunately, for this visit, I could only give CC an Average. We will return, hopefully to better food next time.

• Visited September 2012