“Good place for Sunday brunch buffet”
Review of Thunder Bay Grille

Thunder Bay Grille
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Thunder Bay Grille's spacious interior seamlessly melds contemporary elements with a warm lodge setting. Natural elements of light and dark woods and soft colored stones are combined with sparkle of glass to create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. A casual atmosphere for groups of all kinds from family gatherings to business meetings. About us Rated #1 on TripAdvisor (March 2016) Wine Spectator Award of Excellence (2015) We invite you to come in and enjoy casual dining at its best. Some of the best memories are made from time sharing food and drink. Comfortable soft seating areas are for gathering, relaxing and socializing with family friends or colleagues. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our guests' experience and want each guest to enjoy themselves while dining with us. Menus Our chefs have rolled up their sleeves to create a whole new menu experience. We use local and regional sourcing partners' which results in fresh, exciting menu options. Try our fresh, never frozen fish and seafood or our chicken and pork that are raised naturally to assure the best flavor. Our private events menu is customizable so you get the perfect menu for your event. Private Events: Each event, regardless of size, is tailored to meet our clients' tastes and needs. We welcome your inquiry and will be pleased to answer any questions you might have about our venue. Catering: Thunder Bay Grille can cater to parties of any size and has successfully catered gatherings of all sizes from 10 to 10,000 - give us a call to get the details. Our staff will take care of the details.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I have been here a few times already. I think this was our 3rd Sunday brunch buffet. It cost $17/person for the buffet. I would say it is $1-1.50 too high, but maybe that is because I don't have cash to just throw at eating out regularly. We have returned, though, because the food is very good. There is variety - I think a few options may have changed from other visits. They have fish, shrimp, chicken, beef, and pork plus veggies, mashed potatoes, eggs (also a variation than just scrambled I think), salads, desserts, french toast, waffles, and I think made per request omelettes. I always forget about the omelettes. I must try those next time. You have to go up to the bar where they are made.

One of my favorites was the "beef". It had a more specific name the last time we were there, but I do not recall. It is very tender beef, maybe from a roast?, with mushrooms, and a wonderful gravy/sauce. Very good! The desserts typically vary from visit to visit. My wife really likes how they prepare their mashed potatoes. The breading on the cod was kind of bland, but it was properly cooked. Drinks are an extra cost. My wife wanted a unique smoothie she had one other time there, but we found out those are only made during the summer.

The decor is nice and cozy. There are fireplaces and themed decorations - canoes in the rafters and paddles on the walls. It makes me want to be in a log cabin in the country watching the snow fall.

Our server was either poorly trained or just new to serving. She wasn't bad or rude, but I could see little things that showed her level of experience as below what you'd expect from a place with that atmosphere.

I suggest trying out this restaurant - either the buffet or the menu.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a fun comfy place to visit because of the decor. Think 'up north' lodge like in Thunder Bay, Ontario with canoes supported by log beams and blankets and hides on the walls. I was here as part of a group of three. Service was okay but not great. Two of us had the Atlantic salmon with rice and broccoli and the third had the small sirloin. Everyone was happy with their food. The salmon was fresh and the rice was a wild rice blend. The steak was tender and flavorful. Prices are a bit high but food is good and worth the value.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stopped in wit work friends for a few cocktails and tapas in the bar! Comfy chairs, good food...especially the dates stuffed with chorizo and wrapped in bacon! Yum! Waitress was really efficient and fun! Little pricy on the tapas is my only negative.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good variety on menu, just a little on the pricey side but felt the food was worth it. Nice salad bar.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visited for lunch with business colleagues, atmosphere is lodgey and unique. Enjoyed the fireplace and decor.

Food on the other hand was quite average. Had the Walleye shore lunch. Walleye portion was small pieces/chunks, deep fried and a bit oily. I sort of expected Gourmet Walleye being in Wisconson, but I was a dissapointed.

Wait staff kept bringing drink refills without asking, and frankly it was a bit too much and you felt obliged to keep drinking. More attention to food taste and quality would have been better,

I may come back if I'm looking for a casual place and just passing by, but certainly not a destination to travel too..