“Horrible Fish Fry”

Andrea's Red Rooster
Ranked #39 of 86 Restaurants in Pewaukee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went for a fish fry last Friday night because this place had been recommended to us by several people. We were VERY disappointed. The breading/batter was soggy and tasted awful. Almost like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a long time. The fish underneath tasted good, but was very small. 3 very small pieces for 8.99, came with half a slice of rye bread, a tiny cup of coleslaw, but the sweet potato fries, while not homemade, were very good. The Bloody Mary was good, but my husband's Old Fashioned as so weak it was barely a tan color. We won't be going back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Four of us went to Red Rooster for a simple, quick lunch. Greated by friendly staff, seat yourself wherever room is available. We sat at the bar for a few minutes and enjoyed a friendly chit-chat with bartender. When we decided to eat, we chose a table and waitress was quick with menus. Each of had something different - I chose the chicken with bacon, cheese, lettuce wrap. It was very good. Served with your choice of side. A hamburger, special of the day, and appetizer were also chosen and each person was satisfied. Not a fancy place, but was clean and friendly. Nice luncheon choice - not an overly large menu, but plenty to choose from, including soup, salads, sandwiches, and a daily special. Very low key.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

After having many great experiences in the past...I have to say that our most recent visit was a let down. Mt friend and I had the prime rib special for $19.99 and it was simply awful. The service was mediocre and the food was terrible. The prime rib was obviously incorrectly prepared and likened of shoe leather (I suspect that it was microwaved). The baked potatoes were reheated, the "au jus" was tasteless seemed to be composed of watery beef fat; I couldn't even choke any of my meal down. This visit was pretty much a huge waste of time & money. I am so turned off by the meal we had, that I do not know if we will be back. We have gone there for yrs and normally had great soups, sandwiches & appetizers. I will note also that it used to be a cute/quaint place and it's looking a bit shabby. The table covers were extremely worn. The formerly cute cafe is starting to look more like a truck stop diner. In an upscale market, with ample pricing..i think it might be time to make a few necessary updates.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner, had 3 in the group all 3 different burgers ordered and all great, cooked just as ordered.
Sat outside and it was nice, downfall was smokers on patio. Not use to WI laws and not use to that but thankfully it was not right next to us.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Above average burgers in a down to earth setting. All types of people gather here for lunch, most of them ordering burgers and fries. Business people, construction workers, you name it. You can also order a beer or a drink.