“Nice atmosphere, friendly service..”
Review of Dylons Steakhouse - CLOSED

Dylons Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dylons is a nice restaurant with a relaxed riendly atmosphere. You can enjoy a drink at the bar before dinner and enjoy a tasting of cheese & crackers & kettle chips on the bar. The staff is always friendly and attentive. The restaurant/chef needs to work on consistency in mea preperation. I had the Veal piccate a few months ago and it was outstanding, howvere, last nights serving was anything but. the dish was served ina pool of butter & was doused with way too many capers. the end resukt wa the dish was mushy and not very palettable at all. I had the nightly special of Sea Bass in a potato crust & it was delicious. They served a minimal amount of sauce & the fish was moist with a nice flaky crust.. Yummy!

We complaind about the one dish & they did offer my husband a dinner drink or dessert.. The carrot cake was very good- but we would have preferred our meal was served correctly.

we'll definitely give the restaurant another change but we ae starting to be leary of the inconsitency in te meal preperation.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went to Dylons for the first time this past weekend.

There are not enough superlatives to describe the place, the food, the service and the atmosphere.

I had smallest portion of prime rib (Saturday night special) and it was too much for me (of course I'd had oysters Rockefeller and a cup of an outstanding almond cheese soup as well as a small side salad).

My date had crusted sea bass which she devoured and said was excellent, she offered me some but I had NO ROOM for it.

Relish tray was a nice treatment, cheese spread with crackers and pickled herring at the bar too.

We also had tiramisu for dessert which was absolutely awesome. Our server had made all the desserts and they ALL looked scrumptious, I would go back JUST FOR THE DESSERTS!!!!

WONDERFUL OLD WORLD STEAKHOUSE character, charm and food quality. Bar staff was over the top accomodating and gracious.

I'll definitely go back again and again and again and again and highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went there with friends and we received a table facing Pewaukee Lake. The waitstaff is fast, helpful and friendly although since there was 7 of us, I wish we had received separate bills. The wine list is impressive, there was ample parking(we were there on a Thursday though) and the menu was impressive. If you are a steak eater, plan on starting at $30.00 for your meal; the portions are large however. For example, the large filet was 13 ounces rather than the usual 12. The special was Macadania nut encrusted Mahi Mahi in Lemon Bouree Blanc Sauce; it was a special for $26 and it came with an ample salad. Martini was $7. Excellent presentation and taste. The only reason that I did not rate Dylon's higher was the price which I found to be high compared to an equivilent restaurant in other parts of the state such as the Riverstone in Eagle River or the Brick in Lake Tomahawk. I suspect that it is typical for Southern Wisconsin though. If I'm back in the area, I will return.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were a party of 6. Ee made reservations ahead of time. We were seated upon arriving. I was seated in the middle. The next table was so close I could barely get into my seat. The waitressyou rattled off specials. She wasis very irritatedgood and seemedI to beu in ato hurry. We ordered and them waited an eternity for our first course. After soup and salad we waited even longer for main course. I had prime rib. Worst of my life! No flavor at all and super fatty. Wife had fish special. Mediocre at best. When we got the bill I about lost my dinner. Most expensive meal I have had in a long time. The view is very good. Has an up north feel.

We will not be back. We will go to other restaurants where we know we will get a good meal.

1  Thank icgaholic
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The first time we ate at Dylons the food, especially the steak, was outstanding. I couldn't wait to go back. The second time, the food was very average. I will try it again soon and update my review.