“waukesha Grand”

Best Western Waukesha Grand
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Reviewed September 28, 2013

overall good hotel, some of the staff a bit stuffy, but kind of helpful. Overall, good, helpful staff though! one bad thing, it is in the landing zone of Pewaukee airport, so you hear the planes landing. the food is good, biscuits and gravy, waffles and eggs! as well as usual cereal and toast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwwaukesha, Manager at Best Western Waukesha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. I'm sorry that the noise form the Waukesha Airport was bothering you during your stay and I hope the noise disturbance wasn't too frequent. Our rooms on the south side of the hotel away from the freeway may be an option for a quieter room if you stay with us in the future, Thank you once more and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff was courteous and the location was within walking distance to a grocery store. This hotel is located within a half an hour away from Kettle Moraine state park. It was nice to have a pool and hot tub.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you were happy with your stay and the location of our hotel was convenient for you. I hope you were able to enjoy the Kettle Moraine State Park during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was one of the nicer Best Westerns we stayed at during our cross country trip. We were very tired and it was a clean and comfortable stop over. My son was unhappy that we could not stay longer. The rooms were a good size and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your nice comments on your stay. It's nice to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. Our staff works hard to provide guests with a clean and pleasant experience. I hope it was a nice break during your cross country trip. We look forward to providing you with more great stays in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very over priced for what you get. Will try to avoid this hotel in the future. Breakfast was just o.k. Which was included. This property was situated at a weird location, not a good curb appeal. Beds were very comfortable. Shower was good.

Stayed: August 2013
bwwaukesha, Manager at Best Western Waukesha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. If your stay was during the last week of August, all hotel rates in the Milwaukee area were high due to limited rooms for the Harley 110th Anniversary. We try to offer reasonable rates and discounts to our guests throughout the rest of the year. I apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very pleased with this hotel. The pool was very clean, as well as the hot tub. The room that we booked had a king sized bed, that was very comfortable. The bed had 4 small pillows that were not comfortable, I ended up using a wadded up towel. Definitely bring your own pillow! The mattress itself was comfortable though. The breakfast had a normal selection (coffee, juice, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, etc) but the sausage patty tasted awful. When swimming in the pool, I made the mistake of putting the room keys close to my phone and they blanked. I didn't have my ID on me, and the front desk gentleman was very helpful. He walked up to the room so I could go and get my purse and show my ID. Nice bathroom, very clean room, no nasty bedspread. I'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the comfort of your bed. I am sorry to hear the pillows were uncomfortable, I will have housekeeping make sure all pillows are in good condition. We are always looking into improving our breakfast offerings and we have changed our sausage patties to a different brand. We hope to see you soon and look forward to providing you with a pleasant, comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This place isn't too bad for the price we paid, which was $86.50 on a Friday night. We were in town for a nearby soccer tournament. The rooms are fine, very clean with comfortable beds. One nice feature is the extraordinarily high ceilings in first floor rooms. Nice to not feel cramped and claustrophobic like I do in most hotel rooms. We didn't have time to go to the breakfast buffet. I only had time to grab a coffee on the run. Herein lies my one complaint. There was no liquid cream. There was powdered creamer in a can, and THREE flavors of sweetened liquid coffee mate. Not cool Best Western. Every hotel should offer standard real cream with coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the comfort of your bed. I'm sorry you missed breakfast and that we did not have the cream you prefered for your coffee. We are consistently looking to improve and update our breakfast offerings.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great Property and wonderful staff. The pool is great for laps and opens at 5:00 AM which is really good. The breakfast is varied and the quality is very good with a nice choice of hot and cold choices. I will always stay here when in the Milwaukee area, Great Property

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwwaukesha, Manager at Best Western Waukesha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear our pool hours were convenient to you. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast choices as well. Thank you once more, and we look forward to seeing you again and providing you with a great stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
The Country Springs Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to Best Western Waukesha Grand? Share your experiences!