“Meh...it is okay..but breakfast upset me”

Best Western Waukesha Grand
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was neat and clean. A bit dated, but not too bad. Updated flat screen TV's...but I have come to expect that in a hotel now. The pool at this place was a bit green so we stayed away. Getting to the check-in is a bit strange as you have drive around a few business and follow some signs in. Lots of restaurants in the area to choose from and very close to the interstate.

Now, on to breakfast. I am usually a simple breakfast guy, but I LOVE biscuits and gravy...and was very excited to see this. It was 8:00 in the morning and they were out...one biscuit left and no gravy. I went and asked the desk attendant when they would be bring out some more and she said, well, we just brought some out. I told her they were out and she told me I would have to wait. So, I grabbed my paper and waited for 30 minutes. Still nothing...so I had a yogurt and went back to my room. I checked out about 9:15...still nothing. This might seem minor, but breakfast can make a hotel for me and they failed in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
bwwaukesha, Manager at Best Western Waukesha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. Our staff is dedicated to hotel cleanliness. I apologize that the biscuits and gravy were not stocked during breakfast. I will review this with our morning staff.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights, they have very comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a good breakfast.
I was in a king room, they had nice flat screen tv's, refrigerator/microwave/coffee maker.
Spacious rooms.
Would not ask for more.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your nice comments on our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Spent two nights here to visit our son in college. Accessing the hotel was strange, had to go behind two businesses and a parking lot. Check in was a breeze, staff was very friendly and accommodating. Morning breakfast was fine, light and quick choices made it easy to stay fulfilled till lunch. Pool area was nice, kids enjoyed it. We found the bathrooms small and cramped. There is no real counter space to put your toiletries, there is a shelf above the toilet, just under the towel bar. Not a good idea, each time you grab a towel, your stuff may end up in the toilet!! There is no retractable clothesline to hang your wet swim suit. Most hotels I've stayed at have this if they have a pool on the premises. You could hang them on the shower rod, however it is an extended rod so shower curtain bows out, by hanging suits on it, they would drip on the floor in front of the toilet. The beds were comfortable and the decor fine. We found the hotel clean. The noise from the freeway was loud. It kept us up at night for awhile. The TVs could be updated as well, they are old and small. Overall I felt we were comfortable enough, but I would not stay here again unless every place else was sold out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We value guest feedback on what we are doing right and what improvements we can make at our hotel. We are updating all of our TVs to LCD by the end of 2012. We hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here because it was close to Waukesha Memorial Hospital. We could not get our room clean, we had to get our own towels. When I complained they acted like it was standard practice. Then when I checked my credit card they charged me for 3 nights when we only stayed 2!!!!! I had to call to get a credit. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Needed a place to stop for the night and this was at about the right location for our trip. Got a decent room, clean, quiet, nothing fancy, nothing special, and certainly nothing grand. Room was OK but the public areas look a little worn out andd tired. The weird thing about the hotel is the location. It looks like the hotel was there before suburbia kind of grew up around it. So while you can see the hotel from the freeway, there is not great acess to it at the exit. In fact it took a few twists and turns through the area to actually get to the parking lot. Bizarre.
There are newer, nicer options available at this location. I would choose differently if I stay in this area again.

1  Thank 729ellie
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We switched our stay to Best Western because another hotel in the area would not accomodate our request for an early check-in. Best Western was more than willing to help us out. We arrived even earlier than I had told them and they were able to find us a room so we could get ready to for the wedding we were attending. That is where we encountered a minor problem. The room we were provided had someone who had smoked and the smell was very evident. (Come on people...no smoking means no smoking). We were so happy for the early check-in that we were going to just stay in the room but after a while, we decided to report it to the front desk. Within a few minutes, there was a knock on the door and the desk clerk told us she found another room and would like to move us. We had done some unpacking but decided we would prefer another room. The 2nd room was clean and fresh and we were very happy with it. Our king bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. This is an older place but clean and affordable. I would stay here again just because they seem very willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay comfortable. There are also many restaurants from "fast" to "fine dining" within walking distance so this is also in a nice location. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms do not face the interstate but the hotel seemed pretty quiet any way.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your response regarding your stay and the nice comments about our hotel. Our staff are dedicated to make our guests comfortable and happy. I am truly sorry about the smoky smell in your first room. All guests sign an agreeement upon check in that this hotel is a nonsmoking property. I am glad to hear your experience with your second room was much better. Once again thank you for your review and I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

You would never know this Best Western is by two busy roads because inside is so quiet. Just what I wanted for a good night's sleep! The room and lobby areas were very clean and the desk staff, especially Anne, was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again; it is close to everything and very affordable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pamela C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
The Country Springs Hotel
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Waukesha
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Best Western Waukesha Grand? Share your experiences!