“Very Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Pewaukee
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here recently to attend a training course that was being held at the hotel. The hotel is very nicely upgraded. Everything seems new and very clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and extremely helpful since I had package overnighted. Overall this was one of my best stays in a hotel. The only slight issue I had is the breakfast is a little pricey, however, it was good so can't really complain.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Sadie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience and have shared your kind words with all staff.

Please feel free to contact us is we can help with a future stay or training, we would love to see you back in the hotel.

Have a happy and warm holiday season,

262-506-6300

Reviewed October 10, 2013

From the time I called to check if they had semi parking to the time I checked out the staff made you feel you were important. As a priority club member I was given an upgrade that was one of there suites,nice touch. It has the look of a mountain lodge and the restaurants are close and affiliated. The lounge is located off the lobby and has bar seating or comfortable seating with flat screen television. When I'm in the area again I will be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was my first time at this particular hotel. It is more like a lodge and dining is near by with 2 restaurants which are affiliated with the hotel. The hotel is very clean, rooms very nice and comfortable. The staff is friendly. I had a minor charge on my invoice (someone charged a bottled water to my room number) which I did not make, when I brought this up to the clerk she corrected my invoice and I was on my way. The rate seemed a little high and the breakfast is nothing to write home about, thought it would have more of a selection because of the higher room rates. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sadie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, it is so valuable to us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return. My sincere apologies for any billing inconveniences you may have experienced, I am happy we were able to correct it for you immediately.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you the next time you are here, it would be my pleasure to do so!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Based on looks alone, the hotel is strikingly beautiful. The rooms are beautiful. 1) However, our room has bugs! Ants & beetles. The manager said she was "...aware of this problem & do I want the room sprayed for the bugs?" Really? How healthy would that be? Kill the bugs & have the family get sick smelling the spray. That wasn't going to work. There where no other rooms to move to. SO, WE SLEPT WITH THE BUGS!!! We could not get a refund because we used priceline.com. They ended up giving us a free breakfast, and that seemed reasonable. 2) However, when we went to breakfast, all the food was gone, there was no one to replace the food because someone called off. Many people were upset over the food shortage & all the dirty tables. 3) Kids can't swim (even with parents) after 10 pm. Only adults from 10 - 11 pm I just couldn't win at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ReneeinHebron
Sadie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is nice to read that you enjoyed the design of the hotel. I would, however, like to apologize that there were some service issues on the hotel side during your visit. I assure you, your experience was not to our usually very high standards, and will address each of your comments directly.

Should you find yourself in the area again, I do hope that you will reconsider returning in the future to see the improvements we have made!

Please feel encouraged to contact me at the hotel with any further questions or feedback.

262-506-2250

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn that I have stated at. Yes, it must be fairly new, but it really shows the chain is working to raise its image.

I had a standard King room which was nice and roomy, with a convenient work desk and a huge flat screen TV with an excellent channel selection.

The bathroom was nice and large with a wide built-in vanity and a very large walk-in shower with two shower heads and a glass door. The king bed was oh-so comfy and everything was immaculate.

There was a large, two-story great-room entrance which gave a welcoming feeling upon arrival. Lovely exterior to the facility, nice workout room, reasonably priced breakfast and a beautiful pool area. Two staff members I spoke with were very pleasant and helpful. And all this at a very good price and convenient location right off I-94.

Well-done, Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: August 2013

Wow!! Thank you for your review. I have passed along your comments and we all could not be happier to read how much you enjoyed your time at the hotel! I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Last week, I spent 2 nights on business travel at this property. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and new the property looked. A woodsy, retreat-like feeling, especially in the large two-story foyer - lots of wood, slate floor, plenty of comfortable seating arranged for intimate gatherings. My room was very nice, at the east end of first floor. It had a large angular work desk and a king bed. The bathroom was very spacious, with a large granite-walled shower that had dual shower heads. It was nice to have a larger shower, but it seemed wasteful that both showerheads ran at the same time since they were operated by the singular control - excessive water used, especially for just one person. If you find yourself in the West Milwaukee or Pewaukee area, I would recommend this property. Conveniently located right off I-94 with a nice restaurant (Thunder Bay Grille) right next door via connecting sidewalk out the east end of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sadie K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we really appreciate and value your feedback. I have shared your compliments and suggestions with our entire team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Sadie

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed at this property on 3 different occasions now. The hotel is nice, clean and close to the expressway. The staff at this hotel is poor at best. They are not very knowledgeable and the front desk staff is cold, unwilling to help and not trained very well. I asked for a menu of local places that deliver and was told to come down to the front desk. When I did, the desk clerk had a bunch of out dated matererial and could not give me directions to most places. He said I could use the computer in the business center to look things up. I am an IHG Ambassador member and this is the most worst staff I have ever experienced. When I called down to order a pot of coffee from room service I was told "walk down to the lobby, coffee is free there". Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure your room type is still what you requested. Other wise they will change it...