“Can't Beleive it is only #4 in Pewaukee”

Holiday Inn Pewaukee
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Toronto
“Can't Beleive it is only #4 in Pewaukee”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This is a very nice, very clean hotel.

The lobby is large with lots of dark millwork, high ceilings, fireplace and a small bar at the back of the lobby; it has a real "lodgey feel".

The room was also nice furnished with dark woods and rich colors; it was also very spacious and clean, with a falt screen tv and lots of channels. The bathroom was large and very clean with a huge walk in shower. There was no bathtub in my room which may be a concern for those with very young children.

The indoor pool was also very nice and large; I did not use it however.

Lastly there is a very nice, casual restaurant attached to the hotel.

All in all, definetly a good place to staay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ToSquareBob1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and Jeff (GM) had to beone of the nicest guys I have met in my travels. He went out of his way to make me feel like my company's business is truly appreciated. He treated me and my colleagues like valued guests and not like faceless customers.

The front desk was helpfull from the moment we walked in, and they were glad to help with the small issue we had with getting a cab to the mall.

One of the best hotels in the area, I would advise anyone travellin gin the area to not hesitate to use this hotel.

Room Tip: King rooms have GREAT desks to work at
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed November 3, 2010

the laundry service is extremely bad. black patches on my white sweater after having them to wash. after complain the hotel said it will be sent for redone. however after 2 days no news and no one ever informing me on what is going on with my clothes. it should be same day collection it seems like it is not happening.
complained to the front desk called the front desk, Maribel who asked me to call the shop myself as the laundry is not from the hotel but their vendor! so is it the guest problem? how "professional" this lady was? GM apologize to me the next day and he promised to ensure the quality of the laundry and will ensure my laundry will be in by the day however it's did not happen again!
Have made a complain to Carlson direct, the chain management not sure about the result. let's see how they manage. if they give me same thing again I will not be staying at any of the Carlson hotels anymore!

be prepare to not have minibar, changing of bedsheet etc, fridge, boiling kettle, mineral water, slippers in the room. this is really first time I stay in a hotel which do not even have the above in the hotel. comments from my colleauges as well. Breakfast also very limited choice!

I will definetly not staying in this Radisson Pewaukee in future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
JeffPewaukee, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the feedback. I'm disappointed our 3rd party valet service failed to meet your expectations. As of this posting, I have personally contacted the owner of the valet service to ensure this situation doesn't happen in the future.

Jeff Arman
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This hotel has prairie & craftsman style influence. It has great wood work in the lobby & public areas. The rooms are well designed with large desks and well appointed bathrooms. The pool area is HUGE!

The staff really stands out, though. They were very accomodating to my family staying in town for a small get together.

There is a restaurant called Thunder Bay next door which provides room service. They are a mid-upper scale restaurant with good menu choices. It takes about 30 seconds to get on to I-94 and is about 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Elburn, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I have stayed at this location 3 times now. The first time we had a lower level room that was just above the conference/event room. The night we were there a wedding reception was happening. There was very loud music that could be heard from our room until very late. We called the front desk and then my husband went down to the front desk very late to complain and try to get the matter quieted down. They apologized and offered us enough reward points for a free night in the future. We were happy with the resolution. We have stayed twice since then and been very happy. The rooms are very neat and clean and well take care of. Since we had the 1 loud room - we have now been requesting upper floor rooms and been much happier. I would recommend this hotel but suggest asking for upper floor or at least one not above the reception area. Pool and hot tub are pretty nice. Best of all the Iowa Machine Shed is across the street and has a fantastic breakfast buffet. Skip the hotel breakfast. It wasn't good and not worth the money when a very good breakfast is just across the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
JeffPewaukee, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pewaukee, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thankk you for letting us know about the problem you experienced with noise at our hotel. We will monitor it more closely moving forward. We did enjoy your comments about the rest of your experience.

Jeff Arman
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Raddison for one night and I wish it had been longer. We hadn't been there before, so we were pleasantly surprised when we entered our room. It was the biggest and best room we have ever stayed in. The room was huge and so was the bathroom, complete with his and her bathrobes. We absolutely plan to stay there again and I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Nice upscale rooms with Sleep Number beds, dual-headed showers, Bose Wave radios & robes provided for guests. The room was immaculate and everything was in great shape. Staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Wildwood Lodge
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
The Country Springs Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Pewaukee? Share your experiences!