“Friendly, excellent food and services”

Milwaukee Marriott West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spent 2 years traveling to business location near this Marriott. Consistently a great room, lovely pool area, excellent food and very friendly staff. And newspapers every day. Never a miss on any element of my visit. Lovely staff and offerings on concierge level, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello Marcia, thank you for the very nice comments. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding and thought it was gorgeous. In fact, it was much more upscale than I thought it would be from the outside. The lobby is really pretty and the hotel bar very posh and comfortable. My room was really nice, although I am not convinced the A/C was working at full capacity. I wasn't sweating, but I could never really get my room to the temperature I wanted, despite turning the thermostat way down. I also never heard it turn off once. The bed and pillows were fantastic. I never actually used the TV or shower so I can't comment on those - but the TV was a really big, new HDTV. The room was extremely clean, although the binder with all the information about the hotel stuck to the table when I picked it up - showing that it's probably not picked up very often by the cleaning staff. I couldn't find the hair dryer (hence me not showering) until I was about to leave, because it was in a bag in the back of the hallway CLOSET for some reason.

My one complaint is regarding the refrigerator I requested. I booked this room online 2 months in advance and marked my request at that point. When I called the day before to confirm my reservation (even though I had a confirmation number, I'm old school like that), I mentioned the refrigerator and the person I talked to at the front desk sounded surprised by the request. She assured me that would be fine. When I got into my room the next day, no refrigerator. So I had to call the front desk. They had someone bring me up a fridge immediately which was wonderful, but as soon as he plugged it in I could tell it wasn't operating properly, as I never heard a motor crank on. "Give it a few minutes," he tells me and leaves. I had to get to the wedding ceremony in less than 30 minutes, so I figured I would come back and check it. The next chance I had was during the reception 2 hours later - and it wasn't working at all. Should I have called the front desk about this? Probably. However, I was spending time with my family and really didn't want to deal with it, and the fridge certainly wasn't crucial to my needs. I also wasn't comfortable having someone come up to the room without me there. It was just pretty disappointing considering I had asked for one months earlier.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite a distance away from the only bank of elevators (as mine was), so if you have t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hello Happy Traveler. Thank you for the positive feedback. I apologise for the refrigerator issues. We usually don't put the fridges in the rooms until the guest checks in because rooms can often change. That is not an excuse but a reason we didn't have the fridge in your room. I will share with engineering and the bell staff about the unit not working. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Always stay at this hotel when I visit Pewaukee. Probably stayed here 20 times. Staff is always friendly, pool clean, brunch is a typically good Marriott brunch.

Easy to recommend. Never been disappointed.

Typically has great weekend specials (weekday rates can be pricey).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry S
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you Sherry S for the great review. It's the best compliment we can get when you keep coming back! Glad you enjoyed your stay again.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for a week for a business trip, and I'll look here first if I have to go back to the area.

PRO's
- Decent fitness center
- Convenient location - near but not next to the interstate
- Surprisingly reasonable rates for restaurant food and room service

CON's
- This is a huge hotel, and several days the place was packed with meetings, so it was often hard to find a parking space
- It can be a LONG walk to the elevator depending upon where your room is located

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thanks for your review. I liked your approach of Pros and Cons. Glad to hear that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Waukesha can be fairly industrial. Most of the hotels are on major highways. The Marriott Milwaukee West is adjacent to I-94, but, is hidden away from the highway. At the end of a day of sales meetings, it was the perfect place to relax. Rooms were fresh and clean. The bed and linens were first class. I slept like a baby. Maybe the few glasses of wine in the lobby bar helped. The wine list was small but excellent.

This is my new "best place to stay" in Waukesha.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thanks for the great review. I'll be sure to share with the restaurant and housekeeping. We are proud of the job they do. Come again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed 4 nights on business. The best features were the comfortable beds and the gym. The restaurant had a limited but reasonably priced menu. Staff responded swiftly to minor issues with TV. I would stay again in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the TV but delighted everything else was positive. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here while on business in Waukesha and was happy with the experience. The room was very quiet as it faced the back of the hotel which overlooked a forested area. The only noise was from the occasional car driving along this side of the hotel to exit the parking area. I have previously stayed on the opposite side, facing the front of the hotel and in those rooms one can hear the trains passing on the other side of the major road.
The rooms are well kept and clean. The furnishings were basic, but well-maintained. My only quibble with the room was that the comforter on king-sized bed was a size or two too small for the bed. Since I was on my own, this was fine, but had there been two of us we would have been fighting for coverage!
Reception staff were pleasant and efficient. The location worked well for me and there was convenient on-site parking.
This would be my choice of hotels when visiting this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the feedback. You are right about the comforters we are in the process of replacing these with larger ones. Thanks for staying with us we look forward to serving you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
Ambassador Hotel
#12 of 56 in Milwaukee
Wildwood Lodge
#4 of 4 in Pewaukee

Been to Milwaukee Marriott West? Share your experiences!