“Stupid!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Hudson, WI
“Stupid!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, as are the views from the room. The facilities are also top notch. I had supper in the bar. I ordered a drink, "on the rocks". I then ordered my meal. When the bill was presented, there was a $2.00 additional bar charge. When questioned, the response was, "You ordered it on the rocks, thus the pour is more generous". The glass did not appear to be any larger. Bill paid; not happy. $2.00 for ice = stupid.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hello BirkieSkier, thanks for the overall positive review. When I read the part about the drink I too was a little taken aback. If the standard is to pour more and charge more then the guest should at a minimum be informed of their options. I will share this with the restaurant manager and see if this can be avoided in the future. Thanks for the feedback. Happy Holidays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Some of the full service Marriotts seem to be getting older but this one was really nice. Great holiday decorations which created nice feel. Spent time in the Lounge on 6th floor and the host was really great... even got food back out for my co-worker who was late... great service

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hello Sean F, Thank you for reviewing your stay. I was pleased to read that your were particularly happy with the service and cleanliness in the hotel. We are excited about upcoming renovations that are planned for 2014. The lobby, restaurant and lounge will be getting a total makeover. Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed over a week for a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The hotel has an excellent location, has easy drives to downtown as well as both chicago and milwaukee airports . It does have the typical Marriott charm. The rooms are spacious, incredibly clean and the beds and pillows soft and extremely cozy.
The staff was very well behaved and helped me arrange cabs when needed for my travel. The restaurant is very good and had a fair share of vegetarian stuff.
The guests are a mix of business and family travelers. I saw a lot of guests who were over for the Sunday game at millers park.
Though I did not use the pool, it seemed well kept. However the gym is not as well equipped as you would expect, but is free most of the time.
I look forward to my next visit

Room Tip: Rooms that face entrance have a great view of the freeway and the property.
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We are delighted that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. I will share your review with the team.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and located right off the freeway. They were very accommodating to letting us check in early as we had a wedding to get to. Pool and whirlpool were clean. And as usual marriott beds are so comfortable as both pillows and sheets are very soft.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks for the very kind words. We are delighted your weekend stay was enjoyable and that we were able to accomodate your check in. Thanks again for staying with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location convenient to I-94. It is a reasonably easy drive to downtown Milwaukee and the airport. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. The rate was reasonable. I look forward to another visit at this great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Samuel K. Thanks for the positive review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again. Just remember to bring a coat if you are coming anytime soon from Florida.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I like to stay at this hotel quite often because it is reasonably-priced and incredibly clean. I just completed a stay, and realized I haven't reviewed this hotel yet. For those that are new to my reviews, I do my reviews from the perspective of a Platinum Elite member with Marriott. There are many road warriors that have certain expectations for a Marriott, and this hotel meets or exceeds most of those expectations.

The previous reviews covered things fairly well, so I won't re-hash previous comments. Our room was very clean, recently-renovated, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were professional and helpful. The food was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

It looks like this hotel is transitioning over to Thann toiletries, which is a really nice touch. Much better than the Bath and Bodyworks stuff.

In terms of areas for improvement, I only have two minor things:

-This hotel no longer has the "old school" Marriott euro pillows, and instead has four really soft feather pillows that aren't great if you prefer foam pillows. I called to request foam pillows, and the hotel said they were out. Really? If Marriott is forcing this change on your hotel, please start reading your guests' Marriott profiles and stock up on foam pillows.

-My wife was charged a $2.50 "convenience fee" for picking up food from the hotel restaurant. It's kind of tacky for Marriott to take 25% of a $10 F&B voucher right off the top with this type of a fee. Was a Styrofoam box worth $2.50? I don't think so.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Wisconsin Badger, I'm a proud parent of a Badger myself. Thank you for the 5 Star review. Coming from a road warrior like yourself it is very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments and feedback with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Madison
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just stayed as guest, dined as a guest, and hosted a 1 1/2 day conference at this property and it is one of the best locations I've visited for business travel. Why?

1. Incredible service-from pre-meeting planning, to hotel room check-in, conference set-up, service and take-down, to evening dinner service, and check-out this was a great hotel. Chantel and her staff worked with my staff to create a great experience for our statewide Association conference.

Dinner service in the restaurant was on the slow side, but impeccable. Granted, we were partly to blame for the slow service. We started out with a reservation of 10-15 people (staff and a few others who had expressed interest in meeting up for dinner). We ended up with 18-20, joining the table in 2-3 separate groups, all with drinks, entrees and separate checks (for the most part). I've waited on tables and banquets...this is no small task. Tara, our server, was awesome. She was friendly, all of the food arrived on time and to perfection and I wasn't aware of any food service or billing errors (no small miracle). All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of conference catering staff, almost too friendly!

2. Venue-the conference center, hotel rooms, and restaurant were all really well designed and clean. While our conference meeting rooms did not have windows in each room (one of my wish-list items for work meetings), they were appropriately sized for our group, sound/lighting was pleasant and when you walked out of the conference sessions you were greeted by a wall of windows and fall colors in the trees outside. The dining room was large enough to accommodate smaller groups, but had a very nice sized and offset from the main dining room that accommodated our group of 20.

Guest rooms-the rooms were clean, updated, and comfortable. All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of catering staff, almost too friendly!
The conference food was really good quality for mass-quantity produced conference food...the best I've had at a conference in a long time.

The location is pretty far out of downtown Milwaukee-pros: if you don't want to deal with downtown Milwaukee and are more comfortable in the burbs this is great for your. Downtown Waukesha isn't too far away and offers a nice small downtown feel with good options for local restaurants, art studios, and local shopping etc. Cons: things are a short drive/shuttle away vs. walking to a close location for offsite dining/shopping compared to some downtown options. But the service and venue was perfect for our needs!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Wow, what a nice review! Thanks for remembering everyone. I have already emailed your review to all the departments and people mentioned. This really felt good and we appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield

Been to Milwaukee Marriott West? Share your experiences!