Milwaukee Marriott West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Waukesha Grand(Pewaukee)(Great Value!)
$80
$96
Hotelpower.com
$82
$125
Hotels.com
$76
$119
Super 8 Waukesha(Waukesha)(Great Value!)
$69
$79
Airport Lodge(Waukesha)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungemarriott westroom servicebusiness parkbusiness areabusiness meetinglobby barbeautiful hotelfront desk staffbreakfast buffetworkout roomquiet areaexcellent stayfull servicenice sizeenjoyed my stayroom was spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I like to stay at this hotel quite often because it is reasonably-priced and incredibly clean. I just completed a stay, and realized I haven't reviewed this hotel yet. For those that are new to my reviews, I do my reviews from the perspective of a Platinum Elite member with Marriott. There are many road warriors that have certain expectations for a Marriott, and this hotel meets or exceeds most of those expectations.

The previous reviews covered things fairly well, so I won't re-hash previous comments. Our room was very clean, recently-renovated, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were professional and helpful. The food was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

It looks like this hotel is transitioning over to Thann toiletries, which is a really nice touch. Much better than the Bath and Bodyworks stuff.

In terms of areas for improvement, I only have two minor things:

-This hotel no longer has the "old school" Marriott euro pillows, and instead has four really soft feather pillows that aren't great if you prefer foam pillows. I called to request foam pillows, and the hotel said they were out. Really? If Marriott is forcing this change on your hotel, please start reading your guests' Marriott profiles and stock up on foam pillows.

-My wife was charged a $2.50 "convenience fee" for picking up food from the hotel restaurant. It's kind of tacky for Marriott to take 25% of a $10 F&B voucher right off the top with this type of a fee. Was a Styrofoam box worth $2.50? I don't think so.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello Wisconsin Badger, I'm a proud parent of a Badger myself. Thank you for the 5 Star review. Coming from a road warrior like yourself it is very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your comments and feedback with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just stayed as guest, dined as a guest, and hosted a 1 1/2 day conference at this property and it is one of the best locations I've visited for business travel. Why?

1. Incredible service-from pre-meeting planning, to hotel room check-in, conference set-up, service and take-down, to evening dinner service, and check-out this was a great hotel. Chantel and her staff worked with my staff to create a great experience for our statewide Association conference.

Dinner service in the restaurant was on the slow side, but impeccable. Granted, we were partly to blame for the slow service. We started out with a reservation of 10-15 people (staff and a few others who had expressed interest in meeting up for dinner). We ended up with 18-20, joining the table in 2-3 separate groups, all with drinks, entrees and separate checks (for the most part). I've waited on tables and banquets...this is no small task. Tara, our server, was awesome. She was friendly, all of the food arrived on time and to perfection and I wasn't aware of any food service or billing errors (no small miracle). All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of conference catering staff, almost too friendly!

2. Venue-the conference center, hotel rooms, and restaurant were all really well designed and clean. While our conference meeting rooms did not have windows in each room (one of my wish-list items for work meetings), they were appropriately sized for our group, sound/lighting was pleasant and when you walked out of the conference sessions you were greeted by a wall of windows and fall colors in the trees outside. The dining room was large enough to accommodate smaller groups, but had a very nice sized and offset from the main dining room that accommodated our group of 20.

Guest rooms-the rooms were clean, updated, and comfortable. All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of catering staff, almost too friendly!
The conference food was really good quality for mass-quantity produced conference food...the best I've had at a conference in a long time.

The location is pretty far out of downtown Milwaukee-pros: if you don't want to deal with downtown Milwaukee and are more comfortable in the burbs this is great for your. Downtown Waukesha isn't too far away and offers a nice small downtown feel with good options for local restaurants, art studios, and local shopping etc. Cons: things are a short drive/shuttle away vs. walking to a close location for offsite dining/shopping compared to some downtown options. But the service and venue was perfect for our needs!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Wow, what a nice review! Thanks for remembering everyone. I have already emailed your review to all the departments and people mentioned. This really felt good and we appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We choose this hotel because my nephew is living in Waukesha. This is a very nice Marriott. I felt safe, it was clean and quite which is remarkable because on my floor alone there was a cheer leading camp, bachelorette party and a woman with two very young kids. We didn't hear a peep. I would stay here again if I visit family. If I were going to Milwaukee I'd probably find something in the downtown area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience we appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Love this property. At first was disappointed about the business park location and no restaurants but the food in-house was incredible and reasonably priced. Super clean, great staff and even the GM introduced himself and was personable. Even though I do most of my work in the city, considering making this my new home base in the MKE!

• Stayed: September 2013
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for the great review. We would be delighted if you were to make us your new home base. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have used this particular hotel for business trips on many occasions in the past but not since many years. The renewed acquaintance was not a disappointment. The facility is as clean and fresh as it always was, so it is obviously well run and maintained. The rooms are spacious, conventionally appointed and convenient for business purposes. The large room-high/wide windows are refreshing. Two-tier wifi service is novel and reasonable in that it is free for "normal" but charged for hi-speed usage. The restaurant was unfortunately a disappointment and did not match the expectations generated by the rest of the hotel. Breakfast in particular was rather tasteless and the choice limited (again for this class of hotel). Although parking and freeway access are very good, the noise level from the room is still very good. The staff I encountered were efficient, polite and helpful. The express checkout service did not function as well as expected. The bill was not in my room before my 4AM departure and the TV checkout service did not function smoothly (unable to confirm the displayed bill). Fortunately the front desk staff was present and fast. So all in all, a reliable choice even for infrequent visits.

Room Tip: Freeway-facing rooms are bright and have appealing views but are not noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to share the good and not so good. We sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to let us know. We hope to see you again.