I just stayed as guest, dined as a guest, and hosted a 1 1/2 day conference at this property and it is one of the best locations I've visited for business travel. Why?
1. Incredible service-from pre-meeting planning, to hotel room check-in, conference set-up, service and take-down, to evening dinner service, and check-out this was a great hotel. Chantel and her staff worked with my staff to create a great experience for our statewide Association conference.
Dinner service in the restaurant was on the slow side, but impeccable. Granted, we were partly to blame for the slow service. We started out with a reservation of 10-15 people (staff and a few others who had expressed interest in meeting up for dinner). We ended up with 18-20, joining the table in 2-3 separate groups, all with drinks, entrees and separate checks (for the most part). I've waited on tables and banquets...this is no small task. Tara, our server, was awesome. She was friendly, all of the food arrived on time and to perfection and I wasn't aware of any food service or billing errors (no small miracle). All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of conference catering staff, almost too friendly!
2. Venue-the conference center, hotel rooms, and restaurant were all really well designed and clean. While our conference meeting rooms did not have windows in each room (one of my wish-list items for work meetings), they were appropriately sized for our group, sound/lighting was pleasant and when you walked out of the conference sessions you were greeted by a wall of windows and fall colors in the trees outside. The dining room was large enough to accommodate smaller groups, but had a very nice sized and offset from the main dining room that accommodated our group of 20.
Guest rooms-the rooms were clean, updated, and comfortable. All staff, from catering to front desk were really friendly...in the case of catering staff, almost too friendly!
The conference food was really good quality for mass-quantity produced conference food...the best I've had at a conference in a long time.
The location is pretty far out of downtown Milwaukee-pros: if you don't want to deal with downtown Milwaukee and are more comfortable in the burbs this is great for your. Downtown Waukesha isn't too far away and offers a nice small downtown feel with good options for local restaurants, art studios, and local shopping etc. Cons: things are a short drive/shuttle away vs. walking to a close location for offsite dining/shopping compared to some downtown options. But the service and venue was perfect for our needs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Milwaukee with the help of Milwaukee Marriott West. Close to major attractions including Miller Park (home to the Brewers), Lake Michigan, the Harley Davidson Museum and Milwaukee's Summerfest. Our hotel has 281 deluxe guestrooms and suites with generous amenities, including a 24-hour business center, indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, concierge lounge and complimentary parking. Savor breakfast, lunch or dinner at our BLVD Kitchen & Bar which is an exciting new American bistro that adds an unexpected twist to traditional bar and grill fare. Business travelers, groups and event planners benefit from our hotel's convenient access to Interstate 94, providing access to downtown and General Mitchell International Airport. With 10,000 sq. ft. of state of the art event space, Milwaukee Marriott West is ideal for wedding receptions, special events, business meetings, conferences and trade-shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Milwaukee Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Milwaukee West Hotel Pewaukee
- Marriott Hotel Pewaukee
- Marriott Waukesha
- Marriott Hotel Milwaukee West