“Ok but dated”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Newton, New Jersey
“Ok but dated”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in November and the hotel was ok but the room was somewhat dated with older standard Marriott furnishings etc. it is a decent enough location and I wouldn't mind staying again but probably wouldn't do it for too long. I was only there one night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. You will be happy to learn that we are currently refreshing all of our guest rooms. New carpet, drapes, chairs, lamps and more. We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Northern Minnesota
Reviewed October 20, 2012

we called at 11 am to see if we could check in early and were told no problem! We arrived about 1 pm and were given our room immediately. The front desk folks were helpful and courteous and the room up ty expectations for a newer Marriott. All amenities were good, this is a very quiet hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for acknowledging our front desk associates. I'll be sure to share your kind words with everyone.
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently booked the Marriott Milwaukee West for my college's homecoming weekend. The hotel is located near Waukesha and Pewaukee. I only booked it several days prior to arriving. On our way up I realized that I hadn't checked to see if the room had a fridge in it to store medication in. I called the hotel from the car to ask about that. They were very nice said that it would be taken care of for me. When we checked in the fridge was not only in the room, but also plugged in so we could use it right away. I can't tell you how many times there may be a fridge in the room, but not plugged in. This is just one thing that this hotel does right. The check-in process was so smooth. I spend a lot of time away from home for my business and this particular hotel is one of the cleanest that I have ever stayed in. There wasn't a spot on carpeting or furniture anywhere that we saw in this hotel. We also had requested a 'feather free' room and that was taken care before we even arrived. I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world, but the cleanliness and attention to service put it above many of those. Great stay, only wish we were staying more than 1 night!

Room Tip: Every area that we saw in this hotel was top notch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julieW6016UW
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am pleaseed that you had an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near huture,

Keith Kramar
General manager
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here with some other people for a wedding recently. The rooms were decent and clean. I didn't use the pool or exercise facilities but they looked above average. In general, everything went fine and the wedding had good food and seemed to go off smoothly. We had breakfast too at their bistro restaurant. They had an omelette station that was good, but everything else was average.

I only had one bad experience. The hotel bar staff was not friendly and quite rude to our group.

Oeverall, we had a good time and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments. I am sorry and surprized to hear about the service at the bar. I will definitely share your comments. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My context for writing is as a father of the bride on August 4, 2012. I have worked in the wedding industry for more than 20 years, but have no professional connection to Marriott West nor do I expect to have such connection. Just a father of the bride who knew of this facility from my work. The Marriott was always a standout compared to the other options, and I'm glad it was our choice for our own daughter's wedding celebration.

We chose Marriott West for my own sense of the elegance of the place -- and for the dollar value compared to the other area reception venues I have experienced (and I'd say I've experienced them all in metro Milwaukee.)

Some reception venues have class, but mediocre location. Others have class, but with highly classy price tag. Still others are mediocre venues with prices higher than they should be.

Of course, price isn't everything. But we were looking for good value for our dollar in a location that exudes a measure of sophisication and serious NICE. The Marriott West was that and more.

From its exterior on a hill overlooking I-94 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee, the Marriott West reminds one of a Las Vegas hotel without the casino. Circular driveway, very ample parking, spacious lobby, inviting pub in the lobby, longer salon area for pre-dinner cocktails...and a ballroom that easily met our expectatioins.

A very classy setting for our daughter's wedding reception.

We worked with the Marriott banquet staff over a period of 1 year -- most notably Stacy, our reception coordinator. Up to and including the moment of the unveling of our gorgeously appointed reception hall on the wedding day, it was a delghtful experience working with Stacy and her colleagues.

The food choices were excellent. Our guests were delighted and commented on their overall positive experiences both at dinner and as overnight hotel guests. (Perhaps THE major advantage of a wedding reception here is having your room right upstairs. A complentary suite is included for the bride and groom.)

Summing up, I really can't think of a nicer setting for a wedding than the Marriott Miwaukee West. I won't name other venues here, but if you are planning a wedding in Milwaukee you have no doubt been exposed to some of the "historic" locations that are touted as the finest in the area. I think some of them are overrated and, again, overpriced. And mine is a somewhat informed professional opinion, having experienced dozens of area reception setitngs over the years.

Thanks again to the Marriott staff for putting together a perfect amd memorable evening for our family and friends.

P.S. For Catholic readers of this review, daughter's ceremony was at Gesu Church in downtown Milwaukee -- arguably the most beautiful church in the city. The organ selections at this acoustically-perfect church moved us all to the max. A Gesu Church/Marriott West wedding is one you will never forget.)

idngs gn shot video over the years cinge sdu

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for such nice comments. We are delighted to have been a part of such a special occassion. I will share your kind words with the entire team.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when traveling to Wisconsin for a wedding. We had a terrific stay! The rooms were very clean and well appointed. the room was very quiet and we did not hear any noise from neighboring rooms. The bed was very comfortable. We ordered room service by hanging the breakfast menu outside our room and requested delivery between 8:00-8:15. It arrived at 8:00 exactly. I was very impressed. Food was very good and served at the correct temperatures.

The bar was a comfortable area to visit with other wedding guests and family. We did not visit the pool.

The recommendations I would have for this hotel is to add more lighting in guest rooms. Even with our curtains opened and all lights on, the rooms seemed fairly dark. The lighting was better in the bathroom but the sink counter was so deep, it was hard to put makeup on. A little make up mirror mounted on the wall in the bathroom would have been a Godsend. Also, it would have been very nice if there was a refrigerator in the rooms.

Room Tip: We had an even numbered room on the 3rd floor and it had a much better view than rooms with an odd n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks for the great review. I appreciate the recommendations for improvements. I'll be sure to share those with the appropriate people. We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the future.
John
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Nice enough is what I would say about this Marriott. Like a lot of the Marriott hotels built in the late 1990's, it is starting to feel a bit dated. But it is clean, comfortable and right off the 94 freeway. It not quite as nice as I was hoping for a Marriott branded property, but nice enough for out here in the lake country.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GetUsROI
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are planning renovations in late October. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Best Western Waukesha Grand
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield

Been to Milwaukee Marriott West? Share your experiences!