My context for writing is as a father of the bride on August 4, 2012. I have worked in the wedding industry for more than 20 years, but have no professional connection to Marriott West nor do I expect to have such connection. Just a father of the bride who knew of this facility from my work. The Marriott was always a standout compared to the other options, and I'm glad it was our choice for our own daughter's wedding celebration.
We chose Marriott West for my own sense of the elegance of the place -- and for the dollar value compared to the other area reception venues I have experienced (and I'd say I've experienced them all in metro Milwaukee.)
Some reception venues have class, but mediocre location. Others have class, but with highly classy price tag. Still others are mediocre venues with prices higher than they should be.
Of course, price isn't everything. But we were looking for good value for our dollar in a location that exudes a measure of sophisication and serious NICE. The Marriott West was that and more.
From its exterior on a hill overlooking I-94 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee, the Marriott West reminds one of a Las Vegas hotel without the casino. Circular driveway, very ample parking, spacious lobby, inviting pub in the lobby, longer salon area for pre-dinner cocktails...and a ballroom that easily met our expectatioins.
A very classy setting for our daughter's wedding reception.
We worked with the Marriott banquet staff over a period of 1 year -- most notably Stacy, our reception coordinator. Up to and including the moment of the unveling of our gorgeously appointed reception hall on the wedding day, it was a delghtful experience working with Stacy and her colleagues.
The food choices were excellent. Our guests were delighted and commented on their overall positive experiences both at dinner and as overnight hotel guests. (Perhaps THE major advantage of a wedding reception here is having your room right upstairs. A complentary suite is included for the bride and groom.)
Summing up, I really can't think of a nicer setting for a wedding than the Marriott Miwaukee West. I won't name other venues here, but if you are planning a wedding in Milwaukee you have no doubt been exposed to some of the "historic" locations that are touted as the finest in the area. I think some of them are overrated and, again, overpriced. And mine is a somewhat informed professional opinion, having experienced dozens of area reception setitngs over the years.
Thanks again to the Marriott staff for putting together a perfect amd memorable evening for our family and friends.
P.S. For Catholic readers of this review, daughter's ceremony was at Gesu Church in downtown Milwaukee -- arguably the most beautiful church in the city. The organ selections at this acoustically-perfect church moved us all to the max. A Gesu Church/Marriott West wedding is one you will never forget.)
idngs gn shot video over the years cinge sdu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Milwaukee with the help of Milwaukee Marriott West. Close to major attractions including Miller Park (home to the Brewers), Lake Michigan, the Harley Davidson Museum and Milwaukee's Summerfest. Our hotel has 281 deluxe guestrooms and suites with generous amenities, including a 24-hour business center, indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, concierge lounge and complimentary parking. Savor breakfast, lunch or dinner at our BLVD Kitchen & Bar which is an exciting new American bistro that adds an unexpected twist to traditional bar and grill fare. Business travelers, groups and event planners benefit from our hotel's convenient access to Interstate 94, providing access to downtown and General Mitchell International Airport. With 10,000 sq. ft. of state of the art event space, Milwaukee Marriott West is ideal for wedding receptions, special events, business meetings, conferences and trade-shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Milwaukee Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Milwaukee West Hotel Pewaukee
- Marriott Hotel Pewaukee
- Marriott Waukesha
- Marriott Hotel Milwaukee West