“A premier wedding reception venue”

Milwaukee Marriott West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A premier wedding reception venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My context for writing is as a father of the bride on August 4, 2012. I have worked in the wedding industry for more than 20 years, but have no professional connection to Marriott West nor do I expect to have such connection. Just a father of the bride who knew of this facility from my work. The Marriott was always a standout compared to the other options, and I'm glad it was our choice for our own daughter's wedding celebration.

We chose Marriott West for my own sense of the elegance of the place -- and for the dollar value compared to the other area reception venues I have experienced (and I'd say I've experienced them all in metro Milwaukee.)

Some reception venues have class, but mediocre location. Others have class, but with highly classy price tag. Still others are mediocre venues with prices higher than they should be.

Of course, price isn't everything. But we were looking for good value for our dollar in a location that exudes a measure of sophisication and serious NICE. The Marriott West was that and more.

From its exterior on a hill overlooking I-94 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee, the Marriott West reminds one of a Las Vegas hotel without the casino. Circular driveway, very ample parking, spacious lobby, inviting pub in the lobby, longer salon area for pre-dinner cocktails...and a ballroom that easily met our expectatioins.

A very classy setting for our daughter's wedding reception.

We worked with the Marriott banquet staff over a period of 1 year -- most notably Stacy, our reception coordinator. Up to and including the moment of the unveling of our gorgeously appointed reception hall on the wedding day, it was a delghtful experience working with Stacy and her colleagues.

The food choices were excellent. Our guests were delighted and commented on their overall positive experiences both at dinner and as overnight hotel guests. (Perhaps THE major advantage of a wedding reception here is having your room right upstairs. A complentary suite is included for the bride and groom.)

Summing up, I really can't think of a nicer setting for a wedding than the Marriott Miwaukee West. I won't name other venues here, but if you are planning a wedding in Milwaukee you have no doubt been exposed to some of the "historic" locations that are touted as the finest in the area. I think some of them are overrated and, again, overpriced. And mine is a somewhat informed professional opinion, having experienced dozens of area reception setitngs over the years.

Thanks again to the Marriott staff for putting together a perfect amd memorable evening for our family and friends.

P.S. For Catholic readers of this review, daughter's ceremony was at Gesu Church in downtown Milwaukee -- arguably the most beautiful church in the city. The organ selections at this acoustically-perfect church moved us all to the max. A Gesu Church/Marriott West wedding is one you will never forget.)

idngs gn shot video over the years cinge sdu

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for such nice comments. We are delighted to have been a part of such a special occassion. I will share your kind words with the entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when traveling to Wisconsin for a wedding. We had a terrific stay! The rooms were very clean and well appointed. the room was very quiet and we did not hear any noise from neighboring rooms. The bed was very comfortable. We ordered room service by hanging the breakfast menu outside our room and requested delivery between 8:00-8:15. It arrived at 8:00 exactly. I was very impressed. Food was very good and served at the correct temperatures.

The bar was a comfortable area to visit with other wedding guests and family. We did not visit the pool.

The recommendations I would have for this hotel is to add more lighting in guest rooms. Even with our curtains opened and all lights on, the rooms seemed fairly dark. The lighting was better in the bathroom but the sink counter was so deep, it was hard to put makeup on. A little make up mirror mounted on the wall in the bathroom would have been a Godsend. Also, it would have been very nice if there was a refrigerator in the rooms.

Room Tip: We had an even numbered room on the 3rd floor and it had a much better view than rooms with an odd n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks for the great review. I appreciate the recommendations for improvements. I'll be sure to share those with the appropriate people. We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the future.
John
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Nice enough is what I would say about this Marriott. Like a lot of the Marriott hotels built in the late 1990's, it is starting to feel a bit dated. But it is clean, comfortable and right off the 94 freeway. It not quite as nice as I was hoping for a Marriott branded property, but nice enough for out here in the lake country.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GetUsROI
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are planning renovations in late October. Hope to see you again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Wow. What a great experience from all aspects of this hotel. Front desk goes above and beyond to accommodate. Room on concierge level was clean, quiet, spacious, and well-suited for a business traveler. Housekeeping was efficient and courteous. Lounge and restaurant were upscale and the food was much, much better than I expected for hotel food. It was so food, in fact, I ate there 3 nights in a row. Gym was well-equipped. The only improvements I can possibly think of would be (1) to move the smoking area farther away from the front door so it doesn't drift in to the lobby, and (2) provide the option to opt out of fresh linens every single day to be more green. Otherwise, amazing stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel has nice view, but there is a train that comes at 5am. It only honks once, thoug...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. I will share your feed back with the team. We look forward to serving you again.
Sunfish Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was really nervous when we arrived. There were a ton of kids there for a tournament (baseball?) and a wedding. The little pool was packed! My kids did not mind, but it was intimidating to say the least.

Rooms were clean but dated with ugly wallpaper. BUT the beds were surprisingly comfortable and the rooms were QUIET! We had a very good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was great and the whole experience was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor (top) and it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
John W, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hello MNtraveler55118,
Yes weekends tend to be more family oriented just as you described. I am glad to hear that your experience was enjoyable. We agree about the wallpaper, we are planning some updates in late October and wallpaper will be just one of the many improvements planned. Thanks for your comments I will share with our team.
Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Made a reservation far in advance. Convention mtg held at same time. Loud! Put in room down the hall from barking dog!!!!! Only one room left in the whole hotel to move us to and the bed was awful. Paid too much for that experience!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hello ALP910,
Please accept our apologies about the barking dog. I was a bit surprised to hear about this as we only allow service dogs so I'm not sure how an unruly dog got in. I am sorry we were not able to address that while you were here. We hope that we can get another opportunity to serve you in the future and that your experience will be much more enjoyable.
orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This Marriott property is a really good value. We had breakfast included in the package and that is the way to go. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. I always check out drawers before I will use them and wipe them out, but not necessary here. {Kudos to the housekeeping staff}! The beds are very comfortable with fabulous, silky sheets. My only suggestion to the management would be to invest in new thicker towels. Otherwise, the Marriott is ahead of many other Marriott properties I have stayed in. Front desk staff is friendly and efficient, and the wait staff for breakfast was very accomodating. Keep up the good work, Marriott Milwaukee West!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Milwaukee Marriott West, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. I will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping team and the other departments as well. Thank you for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Wildwood Lodge
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
BEST WESTERN Waukesha Grand
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)

Been to Milwaukee Marriott West? Share your experiences!