“Stay Away!”

Add it.
Salsa Cafe & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Description: Great new place in Pewaukee with an amazing atmosphere and excellent food!
Bayside, Wisconsin
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The food is just OK. The service is ridiculous. I have never been treated so badly in a restaurant in my life. And I think the person who was SO RUDE, was one of the owners!!! Never again. We came in with a reservation, there were 6 of us,the table was not ready. But the person at the door was handling it, then this woman stepped in. She ordered, in a nasty voice the other person to stop getting the table ready!? I think she was intoxicated. She then gave US the third degree...that's when we left.

• Visited December 2011

DomRepVacation
“In need of new ownership.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Poorly run. Limited "Mexican" menu. Service had been good in the past, the last time we walked out wiithout even getting service to our table. Others that came later, had drinks and their order taking. Had been there a number of times in the past because it's close. We now drive further and will not return.

• Visited April 2012
Mequon
“Decent but didn't "wow".”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Went with friends on a Friday night in March. Food was decent but I expected more from what I heard. Service was friendly and prompt.

Visited March 2012
Delafield
“Salsa Cafe & Cantina should be called SALT CAFE & CANTINA”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

SALT, SALT AND MORE SALT! Just returned home 4/20/12 from a dining experience at the Salsa Cafe. This place came highly recommended by friends. Evidently they checked their testbeds at the door. We tried the following: Loaded Nachos (w/SALT) $8; Guacamole (w/SALT) $6; FRESCO SALSA (w/SALT); Enchilada Rojas w/chicken and SALT $10; Ground beef taco (w/SALT)$7; 2 oz. of Habanero Salsa $2; 2 oz. Roja Salsa $2 and 2 diet cokes at $2.50 each.
We came to this restaurant with great expectations but left with the feeling we just dined at a school cafeteria. The flavors were lacking and the over abundance of salt was unbearable. Call my cardiologist! I'm an Irish American with little cooking experience and my attempts at Mexican food is far superior.

The Cantina side of the establishment was very busy with the Friday afternoon happy hour crowd. Hopefully they just enjoyed the libations and skipped the solids!

My wife and I wished we could bring ourselves to induce vomiting after this experience. Our bill came to $44.14. We would have had a better dining experience at Taco Bell and saved ~$40

Our 1st clue should have been when we called for at 6:30 for 6:45 reservations and they had no problem "squeezing" us in. There was only one other occupied table in the "cafe" upon our arrival.

• Visited April 2012
Brookfield, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and value!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Enchiladas roja was fantastic! Husband loves the poblano burger. Kiids menu has hand breaded chicken nuggets, nice healthier option.

• Visited March 2012