“Nice in Summer”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great place to sit by the water on a hot sunny, summer day and enjoy a cold brew or two. Food's your typical pub food (burgers, wraps, fries, wings (with and without bones), pizza, nachos. Parkings a bit of a challenge but they accomodate by running a shuttle service (golf cart) to take you up the hill (if you don't want to walk it) to your car in their remote lot near church on hill.

Been there multiple times and it's consistent. They also have live music from time to time that's pretty good too in that they play outside so you're not blasted by loud acoustics in small bar area.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We decided to check this place out while we were on vacation visiting my family for a quick bite to eat. From the moment we pulled up into the parking lot, I just knew this was going to be a cool place. I am originally from Wisconsin, but currently live in San Diego so I was looking forward to having lunch on the lake.

This place is is so cozy! You walk downstairs to the main bar at lake level where there are so many sports banners, pictures, flags etc. it is crazy. They even have a wall dedicated to Brett Farve.... The classic neon beer signs top it off.

There is an outdoor patio facing the boat docks and lake, but it was so muggy outside we decided to eat inside the pub area.

The menu was quite extensive and very reasonable. They have their specials daily and I ordered the veggie wrap (which was VERY TASTY) even for my California girl taste. My husband ordered the grilled chicken sandwich..no butter plain blah blah (many requests) and the waitress was so sweet and patient with our not-so-Wisconsin like requests. I asked her to bring me some festive for a drink and she brought me back a popsicle like drink that was SO YUMMY! I can't emphasize the sweetness of the waitress! Of course we are in Wisconsin! No such service in Cali...

Lastly, we returned a few days later because we rented a pontoon boat and jet skis from a vendor that launches from their docks at the Sandbar. Again, we experienced amazing service with our very large group for lunch, accommodating everyones special requests!

Love this place! Thanks for a great time!

4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stopped in for a drink and some food with friends and ended up having the best night in a very long time!! We had Pizza, wings and my girl had the chicken wrap. All great food!! Nice facility and view! We'll be back soon! Loved it!!

4  Thank Pat H
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

We ordered some wings and a burger. When the wings came out, they were boneless wings...which I despise. When we asked the server about it...she said they normally give people boneless if the don't specify. That makes no sense as regular wings require no adjective...wings come with bones that is why every menu on the planet specifies boneless and never specifies boned. The bone is assumed. Anyhow...she was very friendly and courteous about the situaation and then she explains she can get us the regular ones and that she'd buy the boneless ones. When we asked more about her buying she specified it was restaurant policy for the wait staff to buy any screwed up orders. That is ridiculous! We were upset that a simple mistake was going to cost this poor girl who was friendly and nice and otherwise a good waitress 8 bucks for the boneless wings. We ended up buying both the regular wings and the boneless as we thought the restaurant policy was ridiculous. We don't plan on going back to a place with management that out of tune. The food was OK, the service was decent, and the lake view OK. But I don't plan on passing my money on to a tyrant when so many other options exist.

8  Thank OLAPMonkey
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Was at the Sandbar with some friends May 2, 2012 and sat on the Patio on Pewaukee Lake. We had burgers and cocktails and I must say, service was incredible and we had an amazing time. Can't wait for consistent summer weather so we can do this again. The burgers came with pretzel buns and all the toppings needed. Delicious! The service was fast and we never had an empty drink. Value / price was great! We didn't realize there is a burger special Wednesday nights $3ish! Highly Recommend the place!!

4  Thank Justin J