“Clean and comfy!”
Review of Wildwood Lodge

Wildwood Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights to attend Wisconsin state fair -easy drive. Also close to Miller Park. Staff was friendly and helpful; rooms were nothing fancy but very comfortable roomy and most of all clean! Great shower! Hot breakfast was standard but good enough to get your day started off right. Good value, convenient for our needs, and clean! Will return!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here on a visit for a wedding because the bride and groom blocked rooms for everyone. This hotel was cute with a lodge feel to it. Our room opened to the pool. I thought this would be loud but the noise was blocked out once the sliding glass door was closed. The carpets could use a cleaning. The free breakfast was average, not bad. Close to everywhere we needed to be.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed for 3 days during a business trip. The hotel is themed like a north woods lodge. The lobby is small and dark, but tastefully decorated. Off the lobby is the pool (cold!) and small hottub, and a smallish breakfast area/bar/sitting area. Breakfast was the usual 'free breakfast' fare...make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, cereal, breads, etc. Adjacent to the hotel is the Machine Shed restaurant which serves a great breakfast. Across the street is the Thunder Bay restaurant which is excellent for lunch and dinner. There is no restaurant at the hotel proper.

The rooms were clean, bathroom was spacious, there is a small fridge and coffee maker in the room, free wi-fi, and a small sitting area with a pull out couch. One thing that disappointed me was the lack of plugs and outlets in the room. In this day of so many electronics that we travel with, hotels need to be cognizant of the number and placement of outlets and ports in the room and update as necessary. I shouldn't have to crawl under the desk in the room and unplug a lamp to get an available outlet to plug in my laptop. There should be a plug or port next to the bed to plug in your phone/tablet. These things were lacking in this hotel room.

The staff was excellent, attentive, and friendly. It seemed like a popular hotel for families with small children. The location is close to many Milwaukee activities.

I would probably reconsider staying here again for business, but if I was traveling with family for pleasure I may consider it.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with small children and love the pool, there are poolside rooms available.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Due to a rash of storms that came through this area, we were out of electricity and it was going to be for at least another Day. We decided to get a hotel close by and since we had visited Wildwood before, we decided to try this again. Since we had the full family we decided to try a suite. Much to our surprise this suite was very roomy. Had a living area with fold out bed, a center kitchen table with a nice size counter and bar sink built in. The double queen bedroom was very spacious. Beds are just an OK. I may be a little more picky but they seemed springy. The front desk delivered great service. I again recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Milwaukee area. You are right off the highway and can be at Brewers stadium in 15 min.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Simtec
Reviewed June 25, 2014

First I walked in the motel and I notice that windows have not been washed in what looked like years. The lobby was dark and dingy. I check into my room and find stains in the bed sheets, grouse. They move me to a new room which at least had clean bed sheets. I then need to do some work and try to hop on the internet, after the second day here I still can not get the internet connection to last more then a few minutes.

If it were not for the fact all of the motels here in Milwaukee are booked I would have been out of here when I first walked in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had my son's 4th birthday party here. Our experience was great! The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful! We had a poolside room, which was great for the family members who chose not to swim. We had use of the conference room to eat and do gifts and cake. The pizza was ordered from machine shed next door. Very good pizza and very filling! The staff handled all of the set up and clean up! All we had to do was show up and have fun! The rooms are nothing fancy, but very clean and nice! I would definitely recommend to anyone who, like us, has a large family and is tired of all the efforts that go into hosting. This takes a lot of the stress out of having parties! We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
Holiday Inn Pewaukee
#3 of 4 in Pewaukee
Milwaukee Marriott West
Milwaukee Marriott West
#1 of 4 in Pewaukee
Best Western Waukesha Grand
The Country Springs Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Wildwood Lodge? Share your experiences!