WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Wildwood Lodge

Wildwood Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pewaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place to host a birthday party!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had my son's 4th birthday party here. Our experience was great! The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful! We had a poolside room, which was great for the family members who chose not to swim. We had use of the conference room to eat and do gifts and cake. The pizza was ordered from machine shed next door. Very good pizza and very filling! The staff handled all of the set up and clean up! All we had to do was show up and have fun! The rooms are nothing fancy, but very clean and nice! I would definitely recommend to anyone who, like us, has a large family and is tired of all the efforts that go into hosting. This takes a lot of the stress out of having parties! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a hockey tourney in Waukesha 2014. Had the 2 queen corner suite which sleeps 6. The room had a table with seating for four, a whirlpool tub and shower, and a kitchenette. We will stay again. The GM, Jesse Wilder, is personable and professional, as is the rest of his staff. No complaints. The pool and hot tub were also a blast!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I had visited Wildwood Lodge for a Valentine's Day getaway. The hotel was very nice and the woods theme was present all over.

I stayed in a suite with a whirlpool tub. The room was very spacious.

My only complaints about my stay are:
1. The breakfast food was pretty bland, with rubbery scrambled eggs, stale doughnuts, and fruit loops that just tasted "off".

2. The staff had no idea about the loyalty program. I asked about the complimentary bottled water and snack listed on the website and they actually said to me, "that's probably the holiday inn across the road, not here".

Overall is was an enjoyable stay and the prices were low compared to similar rooms in other hotels, but overall I would rate it a B.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike V
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The king size bed was very comfortable. We have stayed here many times over the years with a wonderful experience when the kids were younger and also on couples overnight in the area now that our youngest goes to college near here. Not too far west of the zoo or Milwaukee Brewers Park, State Fair etc... . My favorite is the rooms with the whirlpool in the bedroom for a romantic evening. The breakfast with waffle maker and scrambled eggs, pastries, fruit, etc.. is better than most continental fairs.The machine shed restaurant (an annual favorite of the Wisconsin State Fair) is across the parking lot, with great food, Sunday brunch and wonderful gift shop.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cubfan007
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed one night in a corner queen suite. It was beaultiful clean and very spacious for the six Of us. The kids said they heard hwy traffic most I the night. The location is easy to get to right of interstate. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was a good continental.
Only disappointment was my room rate went up 30 overnight for no reason. The paper work I initaled didn't match my room rate at checkout. Watch your bill!!!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Roomwithaviewplain
Sadie K, Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we value your feedback and are so happy to learn that you enjoyed the spacious room, complimentary breakfast and accommodation from our staff!

I was truly sorry to learn about the miscommunication with the number of guests staying in the suite, as occupants per room can reflect an increase in rate, but thrilled to see that we adjusted that increase upon check out. Our Chief Operating Executive, Jesse Wilder, handled this personally and would be happy to follow up with you on this. Please call 262-506-2000.

We all hope that you and your family will return in the future and allow us to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback, this has been circulated throughout the property and will serve as a useful learning tool.

Please contact myself or Jesse directly to book your next stay or discuss this further. Happy holiday season to you and your family.

With Gratitude,

Sadie Kealey
Sales Executive
skealey@hoari.com
262-506-2250
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Wildwood Lodge recently and were very pleased with our accommodations. We booked a king Corner Suite and the room was excellent. It was a spacious two room suite with large flatscreen LCD tvs in both the bedroom and the sitting area. The staff was frofessional and very helpful. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again. A great value.

Room Tip: We booked the King Corner suite and were very happy with out choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sadie K, Manager at Wildwood Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you Professor Holland from Menomonie, Wisconsin, what a stellar review!

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We look forward to seeing you and your wife back soon.

With Gratitude,

Sadie K
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here July 2013. When I made the reservation on the phone the attendant was very helpful as I had unique circumstances to overcome. I liked that she went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable with the details. The room was nicely decorated with old-timey pictures and a woodsy feel throughout. I travel for work and take great care in selecting which hotels I stay in - I checked the mattress, box spring, seams, pillows and the walls and everything looked good. The night noise was low if any at all, and I had noticed lots of kids at the pool so I expected it to be loud but it wasn't. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. In the morning the breakfast looked good and the coffee was perfect. The hotel is a little on the pricey side but the location is close to shopping and nice restaurants and it's a quick 20 minute drive to Milwaukee. It's close to the city without actually being in the city. I have recommended this hotel to people already and I would stay here again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The pool had a great deal of traffic so I would ask for the other side of the hotel if you are looki...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pewaukee
The Country Springs Hotel
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha

Been to Wildwood Lodge? Share your experiences!