“Nice place to stay”
Review of Edgewood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Peshtigo
Edgewood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Peshtigo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We having been going here for a few years now for Spring fishing. The owners are great and go out of the way to make you happy. They have a nice area to clean fish and a big deep freezer to store your catch. Each room have a Microwave and a refrigerator.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank hunteris40

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I liked the updated decor, and it is perfectly quiet since the highway goes around town now. Within walking distance to a gas station, grocery store, laundromat, Subway sandwiches and two other restaurants. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Janet F
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to GreenBay for a Packer game. Finding lodging in GB is challenging since many hotels have a 2 day minimum stay during Packer weekends. Since we were coming in from the north, I began checking north of GB. Even in Oconto the hotels were still double the normal price. It just bothers me that the same room costs 2 to 3 times as much because of a football game. Yes, I understand supply and demand. We chose not to participate in that practice. When I found the Edgewood with its regular, reasonable rates I decided to give it a try. It was an excellent decision for so many reasons. As much as I would like to give them 5 stars, it truly can't be a 5 star place.
It is a small motel with maybe 20 rooms. The rooms are spotless, and nicely furnished. The beds were firm and the linens clean and crisp. There was even a recliner and a couple of extra occasional chairs. Our room had 3 windows which opened which was good because the housekeeper went overboard with the air freshener. The TV was small, but there was a small fridge and micro.
The only real issue was the bathroom which was so small the toilet was actually behind the bathroom door. There was no tub and the shower stall was about the size of a phone booth if anyone remembers what those those are. The bathroom was extremely clean and very retro in a wonderful way. While I would like a larger bathroom, this certainly would not keep me from returning to the Edgewood.
We were greeted warmly upon check in by a large friendly dog and the housekeeper who was filling in for the owner. Everything was like a flashback to the 50's or 60's right down to the motel key attached to the old style large plastic tag. How cool is that?
In the morning when I went in to return the key I was greeted by a veeeeeery frisky kitten and the owner. It appears they live right on site behind the office. She was extremely friendly. I almost felt like I was at a B&B except there was no breakfast. We had a long, pleasant chat. I look forward to our next Packer game. I don't know where I will be sitting at the game, but I know where I will be sleeping that night. I won't look for anything else. We will return to the Edgewood.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank guavagirlKW
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is one of those fading gems from the era of the independent, roadside motel that offers good value and friendly service, but which is starting to show her age. Like Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke, you know what you get if you choose her, but there are younger and firmer models in a nicer part of town. I prefer the charm of independent inns and I would definitely stay at the Edgewood Motel again if I had a need to be in Pestigo, but I wish that the economics were better for innkeepers like those who own the Edgewood to make updates to their heating, cooling and plumbing systems that would lower their energy costs, improve the comfort of the rooms and function better. The w/c at this hotel is a classic, but a clean, one-flush was a chore. The bed was a bit hard for my tastes, but would be perfect for someone who likes a firm mattress. The price was good ($48.48 for the "super" single) and the owners were welcoming and friendly. It is located across the street from the Browns Corner supper club -- try the Walleye!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WiscHiker
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This small, family run motel offers cleanliness and hospitality at a bargain price. The owners were helpful and friendly and my small room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was a bit concerned that there might be noise from a nearby tavern but I heard nothing, even though it was a Saturday night.
Also, if you are interested in retro bath tiles of from the late fifties/early sixties, the bathroom decor has not been updated. In my mind, that is a good thing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank UBBoy
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed here over Thanksgiving for a hunting trip and the place was very accommodating to our needs. The beds were very comfortable, the showers where hot and the place was clean. Not one of your luxurious places but wonderful to sleep at if you are in town for a visit or to do some hunting or fishing. Parking was ample and when I bring my boat up they have a place for that as well. Also centrally located by a restaurant and convince store.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank BuckyBadger010

Been to Edgewood Motel? Share your experiences!