“Nice setting, but forgettable food”
Review of Boundary waters

Boundary waters
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Pembine
Cuisines: American
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice setting, but forgettable food”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The Four Seasons Hotel on Miscauno Island in Pembine is a delight to visit, which made this trip worth it. The bar itself was beautifully fashioned in varnished wood that could use a little less sports memorabilia (though I do realize it is a sports bar after all). My fiance had the Southwestern burger which he devoured quickly and with great relish. I had the roast beef sandwich which was a bit lacking...however, I was raised on true Chicago style beef so my standards for a beef sandwich are very high. The battered fries had a nice texture but would have benefitted from seasoning or even a strong beer batter. I would go back for the setting but I can't say that the food was particularly exceptional.

• Visited June 2014

Madison, Wisconsin
“Not that great”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Four Seasons Island Resort, and this is the sports bar that is on the premises. My wife and I both had the battered cod. It was a bit overdone. The sides were okay but not memorable. Service was quick and friendly. But it's really not worth a second trip.

Visited May 2014