“Great food”

De Pere, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a good size group, the food was great and the service very nice. We would all go there again. A very nice restaurant!

• Visited January 2014

Norway,Michigan
“Paris in Pembine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here on more than one occasion and have yet to receive a meal that disappointed. Not that long ago, neither of us felt much like cooking, so we decided to stop in and splurge abit. I had a simple meal of a hamburger and fries and my wife had a chicken dinner. Usually, I worry about what will come out of the kitchen when I order this, as I always ask for them plain-with nothing on it, no pickles especially. It's always a crap shoot what will show up, but Never have I received anything in the Paris in Pembine but Exactly the way I ordered it. Cooked just perfect and no under-done red meat, a nice crispy toasted bun and delicious crunchy fries on the side. And this occasion was no different. My wife's chicken was done to a T and was more than she could eat. She actually ended up asking for a To-Go container, as it was too tasty to abandon. The staff was cheerful and on the spot and the meal went off without a single glitch. What more could we ask? It's a nice place and decent food and you don't need to go into debt to eat there.

• Visited July 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Not too bad but really should change the name!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you thought the name "Paris in Pembine" meant you would find some nice atmosphere reminiscent of a Parisian cafe, think again! The decor seems more like a standard American diner. The food was okay, but I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the dining room, nor the menu selections. We might try this again as we have a cottage in the area, but there are better places nearby (see my other reviews).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jadewed
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not a lot to choose from in Pembine... but we were passing through and hungry! Glad we made the stop. Seafood chowder was divine. Chicken salad sandwich was excellent, and the burger was good, as well. Super friendly service. If we're in the area again, we'll be sure to go back there!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SATBeditor
Englewood, Florida
“Sorry to say. Food was just awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I went last Friday night. The first thing that hit us when we entered the dining room was the overwhelming smell of old frying oil. Not a good omen.
We both ordered beer battered fish. Unfortunately, although when the fish came out it looked crispy and good, when we began to eat it, we discovered patches of doughy uncooked batter surrounding the fish. My potato wedges had a distinctly burnt smell, but I ate one. My husband's French fries were soggy and pale. I picked around and ate a bit of the fish, my husband ate none. We really don't like to send food, back so we ate a little, paid the bill and left. The waitress didn't really notice (or wish to comment) that we'd eaten almost nothing on our plates. We probably, no definitely, won't be going back. And I'm sorry for that. it was a good up north stop in years past. I understand it is under new management, but I don't know the history - or how long they have been in business.

• Visited July 2013