“The best family campground bar none”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pardeeville
Indian Trails Campground
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“The best family campground bar none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have been going to this campground for 29 years. We have never had a problem other than them telling us to turn the radio off at 11pm. We have seen some of the complainers in the campground and after a warning they are asked to leave. If the rules are followed, there is never a problem. Dave the husband of the owner can be hard to get along with if you are doing something wrong or against the campground rules. it is not an alcohol free campground, I pack my 3 bars every time I camp. I have seen people dig holes in their campsites to bury a full pig. They were asked to leave. I have seen people with drunken loud karaoke music, warned and then told to leave when they didn't take heed to the warning. Believe me, this is one of the best campgrounds I have ever camped at, if not the best one in the state. Too bad a few people can ruin it and get to bash it, for other people. I promise you will love it so much, you will want to return again and again. I do the 3 holidays at Indian Trails, which used to be the loudest weekends, now it's nice and quiet. This is Dave and Myrna's doing and we are happy they did it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pullupsman98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hazel Green, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is an awesome campground! Our children have come here for 20 years and we have never had any issues with the facilities, the owners, or the staff. The campground has theme weekends every weekend with various activities planned for kids young and old. The owner's and staff take the time to keep the campground clean. There are various activities from the indoor pool, the swimming lake, the fishing lake, mini golf, a softball field and sand volleyball just to name a few of the things there are to do at Indian Trails. It is too bad there are negative reviews when it comes to children's safety and respecting others during quiet time. This is a great family campground.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank CampingMrsC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We camped on a Halloween weekend and we got yelled at both Friday night and Saturday night! Quiet time is between 11pm and 8am and we got told to be quiet at 10:50pm both nights while sitting out at the piknik table quietly playing cards! We were approached a second time Saturday night and was told 'seriously I am not going to deal with you guys again!' I seriously question coming back to camp again after being treated so rudely. For being one of the more expensive places to camp, customer service should be top notch!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Hansonk3
Portage, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is our 2nd year camping here, we love it. Things that stood out to me this time- I am esp glad golf carts aren't allowed, weekdays are amazing- other than Halloween weekend, this will probably be when we stay, they have a great 4 night special on the Waco website, staff is friendly- we've still not had a problem with kids or dog.

My ONLY hang-up- the swim pond was part of the reason I wanted to stay mid-summer this year, it has fun toys but is kind of gross, not sure anything can be done about it but the water is dark and it was full of water bugs- my kids only swam there 1x because they said they were getting "bit" in the water, not sure if water bugs bite but that was a big disappointment. (I heard another kid say something similar and we frequent the beach so they weren't just being picky.)

Overall, still a great place to stay (There's an indoor pool that provides a swimming alternative.) and we will be back, maybe we'll just try Bug-n-Sun or something next time.

Room Tip: We love being able to book sites by the water.
1 Thank A C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been going here for six years. Our last trip there were 46 of us and 23 were children. Although with a group that size we needed to be reminded to keep it down after 11:00 pm we certainly understood. With so many children we appreciated their safety coming first with the 5 mile an hour speed limit. Thank you, Indian Trails for all the hard work you put into planning such fun weekends. It saddens me to see negative reviews about such rediculous things. Really? Someone actually upset over not being able to let kids under 12 swim without parents. I would challenge who they would blame if their child drown. Every campground worth staying at has rules. We appreciate a well run, enjoyable, clean, well kept campground and Indian Trails is just that. Thank you for giving me "my own piece of heaven".

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Janclark
Waterford, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautiful campground with the EXCEPTION OF POND. Awful swim pond that stinks and is black water. The older staff is RUDE!!!! Terrible to kids. "Don't do this, don't do that". This all your kids will hear. Be prepared to sit and watch your kids 12 and under swim at pool even though they are certified swimmers and you as adult are comfortable with them being alone with older siblings. THEY ARE COMPLETE NUT CASES HERE. Will never return. Too many signs of what you cannot do. Kids want to be kids and ride on grass and not have an old crabby person tell them they can't ride over weed infested grass. And when they say sorry the crabby person says "sorry" very rudely.

11 Thank familyof5715
Waterford, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you have children, STAY AWAY! The owers hate them and their parents. We have camped all over Wisconsin, I can honestly say I have never had a more aggrevating experience with campground owners or staff. The place looks good and is very clean, after you get past that, I truely believe its run by crazy people.

9 Thank Happycampertz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pardeeville
Comfort Suites
#1 of 6 in Portage
All Star Inn & Suites
All Star Inn & Suites
#2 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Indian Trails Campground? Share your experiences!