“Nothing Fancy but Darn Good”
Review of Nite Cap Inn

Nite Cap Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Palmyra
Cuisines: German
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great throw back to the old Wisconsin fish fry. The place is not fancy but the food sure is good. It was all you can eat and they continued to bring food until we were stuffed! The only item that I missed was corn fritters (they are not included in this fish fry). Everyone working there was beyond wonderful! We did have a wait but we enjoyed good ole' Wisconsin beer and sat on the porch enjoying the country.

1  Thank xboox

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My son and a bunch of friends from UW-Whitewater were looking for a great Wisconsin fish fry one Friday evening. They found it about 10 minutes away in a little bar in Palmyra. Now he's home for summer break so he dragged the family there last Friday. It was one of the best fish frys (fries?) I've had in a long time! It is definitely a small town WI bar (so no need to dress up), but the prices are equal to regular restaurants. It is served family style, and the choices are all delicious. We took the cheesecake and German chocolate cake home for dessert. YUM! We will be returning soon.

2  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I live in Belvidere Illinois and found out about this place from a book.I looked it up to see if it was a real place because I love potato pancakes!Sure enough,the BEST fish fry and potato pancakes around.Because of the winter being so bad I haven't been there lately but we are going there tonight!

3  Thank 11Barb046
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Here you can fully absorb Wisconsin tradition, sitting in a classic 1950’s-era bar, chatting with the locals. We were there on a Friday night to sample the fish, which is available fried or baked. In the interest of health, we started with an order of the baked fish, which was a terrible mistake. Cod has little flavor and baking didn’t help it. We switched to fried fish, which is the only way to go. The potato pancakes did live up to the hype, and the cole slaw was unexpectedly superior. It was a classic experience of the heartland.

6  Thank Kutskurina
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nothing fancy, sometimes a wait BUT the Very Best fish fry I've ever had with the delicious potato pancakes. Friendly service. Bar drinks good and cheap. Fish always hot and pancakes never disappoint. It's like old world Germany a little step back in time. Yum.

4  Thank 59galtraveler