“Surprisingly enjoyable stay”

Comfort Suites Oshkosh
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Spent a week here on business. When my company told me I was staying at a Comfort Inn, I didn't expect much. I had stayed at them before and was always underwhelmed. My stay here turned that around completely. The hotel was very good. The rooms (all suites) are very large and well equipped. The bed was comfortable; there is a separate sitting area and a large bathroom. Some of the furniture could use a fresher look, but the room was very inhabitiable.
The hotel also has a small, but decent gym; a clear, well-stocked business center, a small pool and sundeck; a conference room and nice lobby. They also have a very good breakfast in a comfortable, large lounge. Weekday evenings they hold an evening reception, which was very well prepared. A nice touch. The lobby also has a small sundries store and a laundry room.
My only complaint is that no one is at the front desk. You have to call from a nearby phone and tell them you need assistance and then they come out. I had to do this three times during my stay and one of those times, no one ever answered the phone. It is a bit disconcerning that no staff member is readily available to assist the guest or monitor who is coming in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Thank you for your great response of the Comfort Suites At Oshkosh. We appreciate the feedback and encourage our guest to provide it. We are continuously trying to improve our service and product.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Greeted at front desk by Aaron, a young, well-trained, customer-service minded professional. Room was spotless and located per our request. Manager's reception nice touch; breakfast plentiful. Definitely stay here again on return visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scgalinsd

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great hotel. Clean and fresh, all amenities we could want or need. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jolenekane

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Very clean rooms and common areas. Bed was super comfortable and the rooms are spacious and you can tell everything in this hotel is new. There is a nice convenience store, pool and breakfast. The front desk was very nice too. It's walking distance to Jimmy John's & Buffalo Wild Wings. Overall a great hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amy S

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks in August and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Very comfy rooms, beds, very clean, great breakfast, great staff, great pool, convenient location. I seriously slept better at Comfort Suites than I do at home. I've been meaning to find out where they get their pillows so I can buy one! I can't think of anything bad to say!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Margamel321

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The only reason I'm not giving them a 5 is because I haven't physically been to the property myself. I book rooms for a small college's athletic department and we often go to Oshkosh at least twice a year. I intentionally try to book a year out because they treat my teams so great & my coaches ask for this property.The GM, Stephanie, is wonderful to work with and her staff is so patient with our teams. While they are great kids, they are still a HUGE group & probably eat a lot.

One of the reasons the coaches like this property is because of the wonderful, hot breakfast that is included in the cost of the rooms. The kids can eat a large, filling meal and be good to go for the better part of the day. They love the rooms, too! Very comfortable beds, clean and safe. They are able to relax, hang out and sleep well!

I will continue to send my large travel groups to the Comfort Suites any time we are in Oshkosh. Thanks for taking good care of my teams!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jodieb23

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I've stayed here several times as my husband has been working on a project in Oshkosh. Let me count the ways I like this motel:
1. Great staff. Will bend over backwards to take good care of you.
2. Lots of free food ... good breakfasts, a manager's social in the evenings (beer!), and they even pack breakfasts you can grab and go with, if you need to leave before they start serving at 6 a.m. It feels sweet and homey, like they are taking care of you.
3. A "store" where you can buy stuff you need. A pool. A washer and dryer. A biz. center. Really. See what I mean? Homey.
4. The rooms themselves are nicely decorated, large and practical. They have little alcoves so if you need to get up up early and work, you won't disturb someone sleeping in the room.
5. A convenient, practical location, near restaurants and stores and within walking distance of a movie theater. So if you have teens with you, they can have some modicum of independence.
6. It's clean. Period.
Enjoy your stay! We sure do.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business