“I'm a regular.”

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a regular.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm a regular. I value the spaghetti and lasagna, but the tenderlion on a bun is great also.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Bernie O

Wisconsin
“Not good”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I came here one night with my boyfriend hoping for a nice steak dinner, and I definitely did not get that. The waitress was not very attentive, she was rude when asking for my ID for a drink. She gave me a look like she didn't believe I was 24 and old enough to order a vodka sour! The salad bar was bare and didn't look very appetizing. I ordered my steak medium rare and it came back well done. The potatoes did not taste good at all, we ordered the au gratin. I was not feeling satisfied at all. My boyfriend wants me to give this place another chance because he heard such great reviews, but from what I've seen on here I don't think we will be returning. The good days at Georges must be over.

• Visited August 2011
6 Thank kidalyn
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“RIPPED OFF AT THE GAS LIGHT !”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

DO NOT GO!!!! Took the wife and son out for a her Birthday dinner. Mistake!
Salad and soup bar I tried both soups and was highly disappointed in both. It seemed to me that the soups are being recycled and just having noodles and stock added. I ordered a 8 oz ribeye and baked tater. The sorry excuse they called a steak was barely 6 oz, grey, and bland. Some how they screwed up the tator, how is that possible? Wife ordered the tenderloin well done. YIKES she never send anything back EVER. The first one was way over done, tasted like liver and the second was rare at best. No need to try the third go around. Our son order the ribs, they smelled terrible and his french fries tasted like fish. ON the bright side the waitress took the price of the tenderloin off the bill BUT still charged us for the salad bar! Come On Man! Now after reading several other posts it seems this place was sold and the new owners are CLUELESS!!!! Maybe the chef should think about auto mechanics school. Paid at the bar and the bar tender asked us how dinner was? I told him Horrid! He just hung his head took my credit card and walked away. Not even a blink. I wish I could really write the words I feel right now but they would not post it.

Signed,
Never Again and I am telling everyone!

• Visited February 2012
7 Thank FoodBeagle
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Good hometown restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Nothing fancy, just good, honest restaurant food served by friendly attentive staff.

Visited July 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Bring your appitite”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is the quintisential Wisconsin supper club. Great food great people lots of fun.

Visited December 2011