“Delicious Food- Great Service”

South of The Border
Ranked #120 of 173 Restaurants in Oshkosh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ever since coming into South of the Border about a month ago, I have become addicted and have been coming back weekly ever since. The food (not to mention the chips and salsa) is phenomenal; from the tacos to the chimichangas, I always leave satisfied. Admittedly, the restaurant is sometimes short-staffed, however the workers always seem to try their best to give wonderful service despite this. The food is cost friendly, and if you don't feel like going out, the delivery drivers will take your order over the phone and bring it to you ASAP. I love this because no other mexican restaurant does this!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tried to enjoy a night out but ended up leaving without ordering. Bad Service and Rude Waitress. Never will go back.

2  Thank JenPhotoGirl
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was at this place of business years ago and found that it has grown to be quite the restraunt. I've been hearing great things about it and all of what I've heard is true. Our meal was excellent and plentifull and the service was great. If you are looking for a GOOD mexican meal, this is the place.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I order delivery from south of the border all the time, and love it. I have only eaten there once and its a bit noisy for me honestly, but the food is fantastic. Its probably the most tender pork I've had in a Mexican restaurant. I really love the yucatan verde chimichangas. And the hot salsa is fantastic. The fresh chips are also seasoned well and very thin and crispy. You can tell they cook things fresh, and i love how there is green and yellow zuchinni in most of the things i order. Ive never had squash in burritos and such before but it works so well and its always cooked perfectly. There menu isn't as large as other Mexican restaurants but everything I have tried i have liked. And honestly, if a place has too big of a menu usually they don't cook everything with that much consistency. They don't charge a large delivery charge either like most of the chain restaurants do, really good place.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This Mexican restaurant is great! They were busy (packed restaurant, bar area and with deliveries) but we got waited on right away. The chips and salsa were very good and never-ending. The waitress we had was very friendly, attentive and gave us a recommendation as to what she would get since this was the first time we went there. I ended up going with her recommendation and she didn't steer me wrong. It was the chimichanga's and it was so good. My husband had the taco dinner and he was stuffed by the time we left. Everything was great! Our waitress kept apologizing to us that it was taking a while for our meal but honestly it didn't take that long. We had great good, great service and we would definitely check this place out again!